Re: Cadets 2009 . . .

App. Springs would fall into the same category. Awful lot of potential for narration in a re-hash of that show though.

How 'bout Appalachian Spring with narration inspired by Saturday Night Live's Appalachian Emergency Room.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a quote below the "I will named my child..." post by George:

Funny ... my own daughter yesterday, after reassuring me that she loves being different from everyone else ... and she loves the Cadets ...

asked if we could play the best of the Cadets in 2009. I wonder how far back she remembers? :-)

Life is change .... and decisions come and go!!!

Remember .. we played Malaguena ... Rocky Point .... and Moondance.

I think for 2009 and the 75th Anniversary ... a good ole verson of WEST SIDE STORY!!!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Tony (on pick-up Mic): "You are joking with me."

Maria: "I have not yet learned to joke that way."

"We're depraved on a account 'a we're deprived".

Wait, Cadets are still "talking" in their shows? Interesting...

Who did the writing this time? Hopefully not the same person who wrote that drivel last year....

The only "narration" I approve of in WSS is "Mambo!"

I would love for the Cadets to do a straight-forward West Side show. If performed well, it would win back a lot of previously disgruntled fans, me included.

That's a really good point. I'm sure Hopkins/Cadets aren't necessarily worried about winning back former fans, but I'd really like for a lot of the anti-Cadets negativity take a break for a while.

Wait, Cadets are still "talking" in their shows? Interesting...

Who did the writing this time? Hopefully not the same person who wrote that drivel last year....

The only "narration" I approve of in WSS is "Mambo!"

"But it wasn't just regular drivel....It was PURE drivel."

Steve Martin 1998

While I cherish Cadet's '84 and '94 versions of WSS, loved Kiwanis Kavaliers' 1996 jazzy WSS, and really liked Blue Devils Romeo and Juliet/WSS mash-up in 1998, there would have to be a pretty 'different' take for me to really be able to get into West Side Story again.

That being said, I would _LOVE_ to see someone do Stan Kenton's West Side Story... :thumbup:

Edited by perc2100

Just wondering, does anyone think the Silver in Orlando has anything to do with this? Ever since Cadets broke into the new and innovative stuff, they've been doing pretty well competitively. Looking mainly at 05 through now, the only corps they've lost to are corps that they've lost to in past years that they'd consider contenders. Bluecoats are the only real exception to that, and they've been pretty thick in the hunt since 04 anyways. So love them or hate them, no one could really say that The Cadets' new style wasn't working for them and they've remained just as competitive as before....

...and now they've lost to Carolina Crown. It's one thing to be the "Super Villian" of drum corps if you're still winning, but losing to a new guy just takes some edge off. To me, at least, this feels like maybe a wake up call to GH and a West Side Story show would probably get a few fans of the Holy Name back on track.

Just speculation and not at all meant to be a bash on anyone. My $.02.