RAMD?

She did register, and posted here one time, after Truman Crawford passed away, to inform everyone that the "official" discussion thereof would be taking place on RAMD. Beyond that, she has never posted on here. I don't recall Stuart Rice ever registering, let alone being banned...if he was, it was in that year or so after DCP was founded but before I became a moderator.

As for Ken Mazur, I agree that he had/has a wealth of knowledge and history to offer. My problem with him was always that his general method of discussion consisted of "If you don't drum like me, then obviously you suck and know nothing about drumming." Not a recipe for good discussion.

what do ya know...george always claimed she never came here

if you dont get it at first, hit it again and again.

<Insert Bevis and Butthead comment and laugh HERE >

I like the fact that DCP has the "off topic" section seperate and away from the main threads so people can't just stumble in. Funny part is that the off topic section is more PC than the regular threads.

at times I will agree

<Insert Bevis and Butthead comment and laugh HERE >

i live to make you laugh

Most importantly.......is it pronounced "RAM-D" or, "RAMMED"? It's almost as if we've become insensitive to what's important here!

lol @ my post getting deleted.

I thought about reporting it myself just for the hell of it.

I like the fact that DCP has the "off topic" section seperate and away from the main threads so people can't just stumble in. Funny part is that the off topic section is more PC than the regular threads.

Yes and no. I haven't ventured over there since it became a separate entity from DCP, and actually stopped reading/posting even before that happened. Some folks know how to cloak their personal attacks under a veil of politeness so that they don't appear to break the rules. But they're still attacks. Dunno if that's still happening, but I decided that life's too short and moved on.

Some folks know how to cloak their personal attacks under a veil of politeness so that they don't appear to break the rules. But they're still attacks. Dunno if that's still happening, but I decided that life's too short and moved on.

So hows life in the land of hearts, tulips, roses, bunnies and kittens ?

:tongue:

So hows life in the land of hearts, tulips, roses, bunnies and kittens ?

:tongue:

Ya know, I've been known to have a spirited debate with people of opposing points of view, and I actually enjoy that. What I don't much care for is the "stealth attack" some folks seem to enjoy, which they think doesn't break the rules here on DCP because mods don't see that as an overt attack. IMO, that slams the brakes on good communication, and it's something I choose not to engage in. Doesn't mean I live in a fantasy world.

I've always been pretty much of a lurker, but I started on RAMD in the early 90's, probably nearly from the beginning. I used to get the information as some type of listserv sent to my email address at work, and then once the "internet" access started, I guess I was going to RAMD directly. I do have the lovely teal green cybercorps shirt (I'm listed in the pit). There was some guy from NCR in Atlanta (I also worked for NCR) who used to coordinate the shirts and I used to think "how are you doing this from work?" Hmmm . . . What ever happened to him . . .Bluecoats driver I think?

Ann

My good buddy and tenor mate Tim Lapham works for NCR in Atlanta. That's Tim on the left in the middle picture in my signature. His dad Rich (I think) also works/worked there and he was a driver. Does that help?

Edited by sday88