RAMD?

At times RAMD can be a disgrace to the activity. I say this because of the nasty language and depravity generated by a select few. It's sort of like the "Jerry Springer Show" on line, only much worse! What a shame a few disgruntled nuts have to ruin it for everyone else. My advice is to stay away, far away from this particular forum.

Edited by morganhill

I, too, am a FRAMDer. Posted under my name. I just went over there and searched, the first two threads I found were me defending Suncoast 88, once to Ken Fanti (Kfanti, here and there) and once to Larry Shane (BbTpt1, here and there)

Too funny.

I remember Ream, Nikk, Sue, NanciD, Liz, JJBoyd, so so many others. I was also a member over at Soundmachine before I went "full time" here.

good bawker..... and I'll be sure to use the reporting tool as suggested in the futue if I believe there may be a call for it again.

DCP has just shown good judgement here once something clearly over the line is brought to their attention. RAMD has no such mechanism in place.

Thanks again.

Let's face it, DCP's success ( in part) is due to censorship, which RAMD did not have, thus making DCP politically correct and non offensive ( for the most part).

However, RAMD did have ( besides the Jerry Springer feel ) a real world sorta feeling to it before the select few killed it. While I understand we all have different levels of tolerance and different feelings about what offends each of us as an individual, I liked the fact that if you came to a discussion on RAMD, you had better know what you were talking about so you didn't have your rear end handed to you on a silver platter.

I like the fact that DCP has the "off topic" section seperate and away from the main threads so people can't just stumble in. Funny part is that the off topic section is more PC than the regular threads.

But to bring this to an interesting discussion................

Would you have had a problem with the pictures had they not had the circles or the comments ? What if those pictures were just posted with nothing added? I don't think many people would have needed the comments to look at the pictures and think " Oh My God".

If Phantom ever explains that the guard members are actually supposed to be doing that, what would those of you think then?

If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what female slaves were used for during those times.

During this point in the show, part of the guard is doing the famous leg splits from the 91 show. It wouldn't be out of the question to assume that they are portraying the female members as part-time sex slaves to the men. Is that incredibly offensive to you too? That they are portraying the theme?

Watch the show. That picture was just taken at the right time for it to look "funny". Even so, that's probably exactly what Phantom was going for.

If you think I'm ###### off, then you're right. Political correctness is ########.

If Phantom ever explains that the guard members are actually supposed to be doing that, what would those of you think then?

If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what female slaves were used for during those times.

During this point in the show, part of the guard is doing the famous leg splits from the 91 show. It wouldn't be out of the question to assume that they are portraying the female members as part-time sex slaves to the men. Is that incredibly offensive to you too? That they are portraying the theme?

Watch the show. That picture was just taken at the right time for it to look "funny". Even so, that's probably exactly what Phantom was going for.

If you think I'm ###### off, then you're right. Political correctness is ########.

There is NO place for anything sexual in this world, no go sit in the corner for time out.

( sarcasm OFF )

There is NO place for anything sexual in this world, no go sit in the corner for time out.

( sarcasm OFF )

*puts on dunce cap and sits in the corner* :unsure:

For the record that wasn't aimed at you in particular, I didn't exactly name the person who I was speaking to. That was aimed at BRASSO more than anyone right now. I appreciate BRASSO's concern, especially considering the difference between DCP and RAMD's standards, but the fact of the matter is that it was funny and not harmful toward anyone(especially due to the highly likely possibility that it is SUPPOSED to be interpreted that way).

I want my phone call. :devil:

Funny part is that the off topic section is more PC than the regular threads.

AHA! So, that's where everyone's talking about them this season... You'd think it'd be here!

I was an avid RAMD - er. I posted under various names. I think I used RLRR, barking dog and Remo Belli Jr. I still have some saved posts in my Outlook Express back to 98 but lost previous database. RLRR was my real person, Remo was my funny person and barking dog - barked a lot.

I do remember we had a RAMD meet at DCA finals during Mini-corps and I&E in Allentown ? around 97-98 I met Ron Allard at the bar where the Mini-corps would play in the street.

I also remember the "Fictitious" Corps - I started a corps named the "Flushing Tolieteers" as a joke.

Then we ended up with Blousemen, Stealthman, Bisquiteers, Snapettes etc.

I ran a fake show circuit and gave results and reviews during the year. I had the Holy Mackeral Cadets, Spirit of Oshkosh, Springfield Spitoons, Saugus Anti-Socialites and the Mighty Hempmen the arch rival of the Flushing Tolieteers.

RAMD was, and is, disgusting. DCP is generally pretty good regarding monitoring.

But I never saw vile pictures like that on RAMD. Nor comments made that were as demeaning to a performing Corps member as on that thread. ( just my 2 cents worth here )

Imagine if that hard working guard member comes home from tour and checks in, and sees herself depicted like this. And DCP'ers laughing at this depiction. And the thread allowed to continue for her possibly to " learn " about this from her friends and family ?

Nice, huh ?

I'm doing my damnedest to make sure that when my daughter is old enough to wind up being the butt of a joke in any way, form, or manner similar to the one going on in the "lolcorps" concerning Phantom's guard, she has the self-sufficiency, self-confidence, and sense of humor to laugh along with the jokester.

Because if I have any say in it, my daughter will continue to be as she is now: capable of laughing at herself, and capable of recognizing the difference between a joke and an attack.

Edited by MoonHill

hmm.... well, sorta.

Go to thread " LolCorps " here on DCP. Scroll to thread page " 138". Look how a Phantom's women guard is depicted. Read the comments to the depiction.

Then tell me that RAMD was THAT much better on the " clean " side.

RAMD used profanity for certain. But there were no vile and obscene pictures.

That DCP thread should have been closed yesterday. It's vile and disgusting. And is demeaning to Women with that picture and follow up comments left open to the public. It's hard to make the case that RAMD is better anymore on the " clean " side while that thread remains open. ( in my opinion)

did you hit the report button?

i'll agree at times DCP can make a good run at the good old days of RAMD when it comes to battles between people. but there you could notify usenet and then nothing happens. here, if you hit the report button, something should be done. if you dont get it at first, hit it again and again.