The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

good job Pioneer!

They put on a nice show today. I love how they always gut it out. How can you not root for them.

Go Cedarburg!! (I'm dating myself)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? [Fan Network asked people not to stream both feeds simultaneously?]

That's pretty lame.

I doubt very much it would be a problem for Fan Network this afternoon if some people were streaming both feeds, because it's a smaller online audience, but tonight, yeah, it's a potential big problem for them. If enough people do it, the system will crash. And if that happens, this will be the last time they'll offer a choice of formats... so that's why. I mean think about it, they know how many subscribers they have, and they know about how many individual sales they'll make. If half the people watching try to run both feeds in different browser windows... that's a 50% additional pull in bandwidth with no extra income, and they don't necessarily have the bandwidth to do this. So that's why they made that request.

Just got to the stadium. Academy was quite better than when I last saw them earlier in the week in El Paso. Lots of visual problems still and a drill that is just very ordinary and unexciting.

For anyone who skips Pioneer this year you are definitely missing out. Academy was clearly better, but I actually found myself enjoying Pioneer more.

I'm so bummed! I'm sitting at work....doing nothing! And I can't watch the show! I log in and get a blank screen that says "Ready" at the bottom...I don't think so! Don't know if it's some kind of security on our systems or what. I'm gonna have to rely on the play-by-play until I can get home.

Go Mandarins! :lookaround:

BTW, this crowd is already twice as excited as the Denver crowd, and probably only half the size.

Well Denver is a tough crowd. I was there, and I'd start cheering at a great impact in a corps show and everybody else by me would just clap.

I'm so bummed! I'm sitting at work....doing nothing! And I can't watch the show! I log in and get a blank screen that says "Ready" at the bottom...I don't think so! Don't know if it's some kind of security on our systems or what. I'm gonna have to rely on the play-by-play until I can get home.

The workplace PCs may not have Flash installed and enabled (security issue), or may be blocking some of the common video codecs to forestall slacking off. My wife's office blocks YouTube. (Go figure!)

I doubt very much it would be a problem for Fan Network this afternoon if some people were streaming both feeds, because it's a smaller online audience, but tonight, yeah, it's a potential big problem for them. If enough people do it, the system will crash. And if that happens, this will be the last time they'll offer a choice of formats... so that's why. I mean think about it, they know how many subscribers they have, and they know about how many individual sales they'll make. If half the people watching try to run both feeds in different browser windows... that's a 50% additional pull in bandwidth with no extra income, and they don't necessarily have the bandwidth to do this. So that's why they made that request.

Respond to my other post.

There is no way for DCI to prevent people from giving the link out. The thing is, they don't buy enough bandwidth to cover the theft that goes on.

If there even exists a bandwidth issue. I haven't experienced one all year. Granted that the most viewed feeds are still to come.

There are many "non paying" bandwidth consumers out there. Last year you could just get the link from a blog on the net and watch all day.