The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

Spirit is having many problems visually....holes and dirty. The musical book is just not very exciting to me. I guess maybe it's better in person. Great drumline, but horns are not up to par with past Spirit lines. The drill is quite boring IMHO.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are moving away now. That's encouraging. I hope we hear some news to allay our worries.

As a biased Bones fan, I was really impressed with the Guard tonight.

I watched the multi-camera.

I think it's going to be close with Madison.

I think this is the most solid show, though, that the Crossmen have had in years.

Spirit had a solid performance, but that show just didn't really do anything for me. Their percussion is clearly a strong suit for them, and they have some nice moments in the show. But overall, it's not one of my favorite shows from them. I think they'll stay ahead of Madison, but I'm not sure about Crossmen.

Stayed away from DCI this year until now. I was all over it last year, every show, every telecast ... yadda yadda. Recalling July last year - I think the corps to this point are at a lower level than last year in design, quality and performance :( Kinda bummed. Then again, last year was pretty darn brilliant for everyone.

Stayed away from DCI this year until now. I was all over it last year, every show, every telecast ... yadda yadda. Recalling July last year - I think the corps to this point are at a lower level than last year in design, quality and performance :( Kinda bummed. Then again, last year was pretty darn brilliant for everyone.

Disagree. I think this year is overall better than last year. :lookaround:

3 holes in the hornline? Big step up in quality of design so far. congrats to Spirit! Those wholes are making it really hard to see if they're marching their block stuff cleanly ... so I'm guessing it's NOT clean yet.

says a prayer for the poor kid on the back sideline.

Afraid I have to disagree...from a technical standpoint; there were many moves that could not work; and are causing the members to pull out of the form flow to dodge other elements. In addition; the overall visual was not clean at all. Just because the work looks difficult does not mean it is better.

My guess is that Madison will pass them up...and possibly Troop (minus guard bias...).