Thoughts About Cadets '08

Got to disagree. Nothing wrong about a narrow topic like this. Why not discuss the Cadet's ending specifically in this thread versus the wider-ranging discussion in the others? These things take care of themselves, after all. If no one wants to discuss it, the thread disappears of its own inertia.

On topic, I agree that more oomph in the finish would help the appeal and the score. I haven't seen the show in three weeks. Based on that, it seems the intent is primarily to be profound. That's one choice. A better one might be to be happy, which would offer opportunity for all sorts of drum corps bliss.

HH

Listen, most everyone here knows that I can't stand the direction that Hoppy has taken The Cadets but even I'm getting tired of all the anti-Cadet/Hoppy gripes. You and I both know what's going to happen in this thread. I'm just trying to stop the bleeding before someone slips.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzard references! I love it. And I agree. Even this cadet honk/homer/kool aid drinker thinks the number of cadets threads is getting a tad extreme.

And I am James "The God" Mason.

Cake or death?

ummmm... Cake please!

May as well continue the downward spiral that's bound to come. :laughing:

Edited by skajerk

Nothing against the OP for expressing their opinions, but I vote for merging some of these Cadets threads....they'll end up being 1,000 pages, but it beats having as many threads dedicated to The Cadets as we currently have.

GEEZY CREEZY! <$1.00 to Eddie Izzard>

Do we really need yet ANOTHER Cadets thread? I know you probably meant well but everything said you could easily have been put in any of the other dozen Cadets threads.

Can we make a new rule about how many threads a corps gets? Like maybe keep it under 30?? </sarcasm>

In finishing, I add again...

deadhorse.gif

I'm still laughing at that animation.

Finally!!! Someone who agrees with me that ending a show with dialouge leaves the crowd sitting on their hands.

I have seen this show twice. Once in its original form at Toledo, and again in a more revised form at Orlando. , and in both cases the audience reaction was the most reserved of any performance in the show.

At the Milton show, the Cadets show ended and people were like "Oh, That's the end?" Then the applause was awkward because they still weren't sure. It's just very Blah and catches people off guard.

Edited by Perry S

can we have a thread about cadets threads?

Sure, why not?

Start one, and then we can have a thread about the thread about the thread, and then a thread about the thread about the thread about the thread and so on, and so on . . .

. . .eventually, DCP will go supernova, 'cause a rift in the space-time continuum, and kill us all.

Do you really want to cause that? :laughing:

Sure, why not?

Start one, and then we can have a thread about the thread about the thread, and then a thread about the thread about the thread about the thread and so on, and so on . . .

. . .eventually, DCP will go supernova, 'cause a rift in the space-time continuum, and kill us all.

Yes. :doh:

Sure, why not?

Can we start a thread to see if we want to cause that?