Scarlett O'Hara's

Amazing how proper staging makes you sound LOUDER, CLEANER and more BALANCED. Not taking away from the talent of the performers, but the huge difference between Bluestars and the prior corps is smarter design .... which gives the performers a better opportunity to success and impress. Well done Stars!

Unfortunately, Gmen have created a lot of extra work for their kids and staff. It's a nice show and fun and entertaining and the kids are trying their darnedest ..... but the drill writer should be shot.......

Edited by supersop

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as my memory goes, right you are. We watched them in Montreal and we were in awe that they could do such an amazing drill formation (we were so young back then).

First corps to do a pre-show show was Phantom '82. It was quite a year for inovation.

Heh... I watched the '82 and '83 shows the other day just because that's one of my favorite openers. Every time someone starts a thread about best drill moves, that rotation (and the "running lights" move) pops into my head. Then I look at some of the box rotations now and that rotation looks so slow.

Trivia question (since every corps does it nowadays)....

Who was the first corps to rotate a block formation?

i saw a senior corps do it in jersey city nj, about 1970. think they were from upstate ny. it was the national dream show at roosevelt stadium. a combination junior/senior show.

Edited by 27Socal

still cant get my head around half of the drumline are out the back field? is it legal if so how?