BLUE STARS IN SHAKOS?

Awwww! I loved the helmets! Oh well. I understand the reasoning, but drat.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sorry to see the uniform change. It would have been cool for us old geezers to see the Blue Stars in the traditional uniform on the field in a DCI finals sometime. Not to be I guess, and not a big deal ultimately. Still, it would have been cool.

I was sorry to see the uniform change. It would have been cool for us old geezers to see the Blue Stars in the traditional uniform on the field in a DCI finals sometime. Not to be I guess, and not a big deal ultimately. Still, it would have been cool.

I would be very surprised if they don't have the drum major come out in the old uniform to conduct for finals, or at the very least show up in it for retreat/awards. For just the reason you mentioned.

As a former member, I applaud this move. I did miss the broadcast, so I really didn't get a chance to see the new look. But, trust me the egg heads had to go. Way to many fore heads have been seen by these clumsy things. Believe me when I say that history, is history, and yes I wore one of those things alot. I never liked them. Not in the least. Those helmets are history!!!!! I couldnt be happier

I'm not a big fan of shakos either, but I will take them If I don't have to see fore heads any more!

Im sure they new helmets look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCO

I guess the gas crunch didn't effect the Blue Stars.... they have enough money to buy new shakos.

Maybe they were donated.

So many other corps are begging for fuel donations this time of year.

I overheard some Blue Stars alumni talking about this at the Birmingham show and boy were they not happy. But I guess not all feel this way according to some on here so I guess it's not a big deal. Good luck to them!!

hmmm...This is disappointing, but not surprising.

Going to be interesting to hear what the members think.

My son has marched with the Blue Stars the past two years. He likes the new shakos... they are soooo much easier to keep on straight and he thinks they look much better.

I would be very surprised if they don't have the drum major come out in the old uniform to conduct for finals, or at the very least show up in it for retreat/awards. For just the reason you mentioned.

How about THESE old uniforms:

15567238_a0be709c6a.jpg

:cool:

I guess the gas crunch didn't effect the Blue Stars.... they have enough money to buy new shakos.

Maybe they were donated.

So many other corps are begging for fuel donations this time of year.

#### those Blue Stars.

How about THESE old uniforms:

15567238_a0be709c6a.jpg

:cool:

Hot pants! :worthy: