From the Blue Devils website

This coming from Trevor (Crossmen/Renegades)...

Update from his section leader,

Joe is responding well, and shouldn't have any brain damage.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This coming from Trevor (Crossmen/Renegades)...

AWESOME news... very good to hear!

Joe is one of the nicest kids you will meet and one hell of a musician. Joe, you are in the hearts and prayers of your Blue Devil family. Get well soon.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and the entire Blue Devils family. Be blessed!

I wonder if this young man ever realized just how big of a drum corps family that he has?

(Although I'm sure that Fran and Barbara could enlighten him on that.)

Lets all remember one thing: Whatever happens on the field is not as improtant as the

relationships that we develop off the field.

Best wishes to Joe, his family, and his drum corps family.

I wonder if this young man ever realized just how big of a drum corps family that he has?

I found that out when I went through the five months of hell earlier with my dad's illness and passing, my mom's concurrent hospitalization and my brother's special needs that took me away from everything for those five months earlier this year.

Hearing from people I've never met, including those who have disagreed with me on various issues over the years, was amazingly uplifting. Your thoughts and wishes really do make a difference to someone in need.

Joe will have some tough times ahead of him, but the people of drum corps will be there for him whenever he needs them. You all are a remarkable lot.

I'd encourage all who go to shows between now and the end of the season to stop by the BD souvie trailer and extend your wishes. I think it would be neat for the BD souvie people to have a book where people can write their thoughts and wishes...something that can be presented to Joe after the season is over so he is aware of a little bit of the scope of how many care.

If anyone has a contact with the BD souvie people, please pass on that idea...if they haven't already thought of it.

Thank you to the fan who sent me the note about the contact person for Blue Devils souvies.

I wouldn't have thought of her, even though I've known her for years and just gave her a hug and kiss in Atlanta.

I have passed on the suggestion about a book of well-wishes. If you're in Allentown, please drop by the BD souvie booth, as I would guess they'll have something for you to sign.

Knowing one is in the thoughts of others is a powerful motivation to get better.

Could someone please post updates as they are released or pass a link where they will be posted?

Also interested where Joe is recovering at. Figuring what happened he can be in a hospital anywhere from Philly to Harrisburg area. If between Harrisburg and Lancaster, I could offer a local hand in whatever.

And yes DC is a big family, learned that first hand myself....

If you're in Allentown, please drop by the BD souvie booth, as I would guess they'll have something for you to sign.

I received a note from Gail Schultz, who's in charge of BD's souvie operation. There will be a book of well-wishes for anyone to sign at the souvie booth.