From the Blue Devils website

Best of luck and well wishes to you Joe... I hope your family will be fine as well!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes and prayers to him and his family!!!

Eesh, that happened to a kid that I student taught a couple years ago. It was several months before he made a recovery. Best wishes :hugs:

I realize that the corps chose to put a biographical sketch in so we could know who this person is. But citing this as a devastating event due to his corps progression is way out of proportion with reality. What does that possibly have to do with the seriousness of a life threatening event such as this. There are times when I think those of us who post here lose all sense of importance about truly serious events.

Way to take my line comepletely out of rationale. I'm glad you can take the time on such a serious thread to spend a little time on your soap box. What does your reply possibly have to do with showing your support for the devs and joe's family.

My comments were sincere and I think most people would realize that. They were supportive and nature, and not just about making A corps. One might hope a person wouldn't be so short-sighted in analyzing everyones frickin response and realize we ALL want the best in this sort of event.

God's speed to Joe and all his closest.

Way to take my line comepletely out of rationale. I'm glad you can take the time on such a serious thread to spend a little time on your soap box. What does your reply possibly have to do with showing your support for the devs and joe's family.

My comments were sincere and I think most people would realize that. They were supportive and nature, and not just about making A corps. One might hope a person wouldn't be so short-sighted in analyzing everyones frickin response and realize we ALL want the best in this sort of event.

God's speed to Joe and all his closest.

ok..lets not turn this into a typical DCP bashing thread. I posted this because while we are currently in our drumcorp fantasy world, a dose of serious reality about what's important.

ok..lets not turn this into a typical DCP bashing thread. I posted this because while we are currently in our drumcorp fantasy world, a dose of serious reality about what's important.

Well what about what's important to him? He obviously loved the activity and wanted to be in the Blue Devils. Saying that he's devastated at not being able to march in no way detracts from the seriousness of the injury and we all hope and pray he recovers. But like you said, this is the real world, and in the real world he loved drum corps and now he can't do it. That my friend is devastating.

Okay, okay...back on topic...

My prayers are with him. A couple BD parents have posted some responses on the BD website. It sounds like this is hitting the corps pretty hard, understandably. I can only imagine what their thoughts are right now, having to balance this obviously more important matter with playing a show tonight. I wouldn't blame them a bit if their hearts aren't truly in it, and yet I also wouldn't be surprised if they come out with an inspired performance in dedication and support of their friend. In any case, my thoughts are with them as well.