Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Absolutely. Crowns music wowed but visual lacked wow in comparison. Visual was certainly solid but there was a lack of "marriage" with the music. Cavaliers seamlessly COMBINED good music and extraordinary visual for a complete PACKAGE. Some people here may be content with simply amazing and loud music. I came for a marching show, not a concert.

It's a shame Cavies can't do both at the same time :mellow:

(just to make it clear, I'm just messing with ya :tounge2: )

Edited by Cappybara

Hah I couldn't think of a better word to describe Cabaret Voltaire than pretentious. Difference being, I absolutely loved that show after hating on it until the offseason. It's one of my favorite shows ever.

They preformed it well for sure!

Are there people out there that like to simply listen to the Dick Sauce original shows? I've never met anyone that would admit to that.

I find "Spin Cycle" highly listenable. That's a Saucedo original, isn't it?

Let's share some of that love/hate for earlier champions too:

1977 BD - yuk. Harsh.

1978 SCV - frackalicious

1986 BD - '76 retread, without the groove

I remember listening to it for the first time and saying "ouch" after a couple of those soprano parts...

Oh forgot one...

SCV 1989 - Terrible soloists compared to 1988. Also, those two holes at finals really bug me. Otherwise, I liked the show, but for a championship show there are a lot of warts. I think the '88 show would have been better.

Oh forgot one...

SCV 1989 - Terrible soloists compared to 1988. Also, those two holes at finals really bug me. Otherwise, I liked the show, but for a championship show there are a lot of warts. I think the '88 show would have been better.

Arghhh how do people prefer 88 over 89 I will never comprehend. *brain explodes* :giljotiini:

• Like 1

Oh forgot one...

Check the following video at the :16 mark (picture of the snare line) and the 1:03 mark (picture of the corps on the field). In '88 Vanguard started the season with the dark green pants and all corps members had capes. It didn't work out so well so they ditched the capes and then went to white pants.

http://youtu.be/MMsdzBGNBP0

Edited by Lincoln