Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Cadets 1998 and 2005

Cavaliers 2001-2002

Kind of goofy that people are quick to post what they dislike, but seemingly hesitant to post why? I know this is the internet, and DCP no less, but a little critical intelligent discourse would make this thread interesting, no?

Good point.

I thought from from a technical standpoint that the 1998 Cadets had a talented corps, however, I felt like the show lacked the passion they had in previous seasons. As for the the 2005 Cadets, it was too much smoke and mirrors for me. I didn't think the musical design was cohesive, and I think the story was wacky for the sake of being wacky.

The 2001 and 2002 Cavaliers were fun to watch, but awful to listen to in my opinion. I thought the brass design especially was far beneath the talent level they had. The visual live was great, but watching it now, it's filthy.

• Like 2

The 2001 and 2002 Cavaliers were fun to watch, but awful to listen to in my opinion. I thought the brass design especially was far beneath the talent level they had. The visual live was great, but watching it now, it's filthy.

For me that Cavaliers dynasty era was sort of the beginning of "I can't enjoy drum corps without seeing the visual" for me. Up until that time I would buy the CD's, and I have a HUGE collection of drum corps CDs, but around that time I realized I couldn't get into a lot of recordings of shows. I dig watching videos of the shows, but I agree that they're not that enjoyable to only listen to the music w/out the visual.

• Like 1

It was mentioned that this might have been when the original brass was written for MG drill.

BD- 09, 10,12

It was mentioned that this might have been when the original brass was written for MG drill.

Which was not easy to march, but still, if I were a brass player in the corps at the time and I wanted to play great music, I would have been disappointed in playing those books.

Sigh...this never happened. All music was written long before drill was. Integration was there for sure, but there was never a time where the brass was written to fit the drill...

Now, the stretchy interlude part in 2006 is another story, but that is percussion stuff.