Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Because '88 was much better.

False. But I guess the argument is irrelevant since PR 89 deserved to win that year ;)

Arghhh how do people prefer 88 over 89 I will never comprehend. *brain explodes* :giljotiini:

Hehe... I just said why...

Also, I liked the Co-ed guard too... :poke:

The solos just kill it for me....

False. But I guess the argument is irrelevant since PR 89 deserved to win that year ;)

Aha! Yup! That's true... :grouphug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Devils 14'

Blue Devils 12'

Almost all of the shows I didn't like at the time I am starting to like. I don't like 2013 Crown but just the narration part. I started to really love their show by finals last summer.

Blue Devils 14'

Blue Devils 12'

BD 2012. (I actually liked BD 2014, especially the music,, best Downey brass arrangements in years, imo.)

Crown 2013.

Edited by BRASSO

Blue Devils 14'

Blue Devils 12'

I'm not a particular fan of BD '14 either, but there was something about that show that, while I don't really like it, I can't hate it either. I feel like there's a level humanity in that show that BD has been commonly devoid of in recent years.

The music selection too. When reading their rep list I didn't particularly recognize anything but throughout the whole show I was thinking to myself "I know have heard this before, it sounds so familiar, but I don't know where I've heard it from!" It was like half nerve-wracking because I couldn't put my finger on the source and half nice because it was at least familiar to extent.

• Like 1

You mean best Dave Glyde arrangements in years?

It's interesting how few people know that. Downey basically orchestrates and alters things that Glyde composes and arrangers, and has done that for several years.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to revive this thread, for the sake of reviving it.

I've since changed my opinion on CBC 1990 - I actually love it now that I've seen the whole thing. But I don't very much like SCV 1989 - I think it's not nearly as impactful as 1988.

• Like 1