Cadets To Play Bernstein in 2009!

Don't you think that it is inevitable that Cadels will have some spoken parts....

Probably a narrative of "Lenny's" life or something about the music that they play. (Of course that assumes that we are too stupid to look it up on Wikipedia which may in fact be true... :thumbup: )

Yes there will be narration... can we just all agree that it will be there and get on with our lives. It's there, so what, big deal. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm over it... and some of you should get over it too. If you don't like it, go for a soda and a dog while they preform. The fact is, its here, its not going anywhere, and you either deal with it, or just leave while they perform. But don't spoil it for the rest of us.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That YEA press release states that 2009 will be the 50th anniverary of "the arrival" of West Side Story on Broadway.

Wrong. Stupid, sloppy, poorly worded, and wrong, Mr. Press Release. 1957. (It closed in 1959, but I wouldn't exactly consider that an "arrival.") Get a book, go to Wiki, ask a show queen. And what the hell does "arrival" even mean?

If you want to play WSS, just play it. Don't invent a stupid, easily rebutted factoid to try and lamely justify it. Man. Is John McCain working for YEA now?

2009 Cadets doing Bernstein eh...?

I've always wanted to hear the West Side Story script read to me for 12 minutes

That YEA press release states that 2009 will be the 50th anniverary of "the arrival" of West Side Story on Broadway.

Wrong. Stupid, sloppy, poorly worded, and wrong, Mr. Press Release. 1957. (It closed in 1959, but I wouldn't exactly consider that an "arrival.") Get a book, go to Wiki, ask a show queen. And what the hell does "arrival" even mean?

If you want to play WSS, just play it. Don't invent a stupid, easily rebutted factoid to try and lamely justify it. Man. Is John McCain working for YEA now?

Thanks for the clarification. Could have been a little more tactful, but either way, thanks.

2009 Cadets doing Bernstein eh...?

I've always wanted to hear the West Side Story script read to me for 12 minutes

OMG, That is so clever! A narration joke! How witty! How absolutely refreshing! How downright scintillating! You should say more, everyone in the forums loves them ever so much!

It is amazing how quick people on DCP are to ##### about every little thing

In place of "#####" (which I assume rhymes with 'which'), I prefer "make a correction that shouldn't have been necessary in the first place," but you say potato...

And quick? Yes. As opposed to simply reactionary. J'accuse.

OMG, That is so clever! A narration joke! How witty! How absolutely refreshing! How downright scintillating! You should say more, everyone in the forums loves them ever so much!

lol

Hey, I thought you should know they corrected the mistake for you. :tongue:

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArt...ws_iv_ctrl=1002