Cadets To Play Bernstein in 2009!

You KNOW they will throwing the vocal "Amen" in there somewhere.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No West Side Story, please please please. Highlight shows and the like have always disappointed me. I know they will probably change the title and workings of the show a million times but doing an anniversary show seems to tell me "we're going to take the year off creatively"...whether they do so or not, that's how those kinds of shows strike me.

Tell that to Phantom. It may not be a complete rehash, but it is a nostalgic :thumbup:

Edited by skajerk

Reserved excitement here

Seems kind of disrespectful to this year’s corps to announce this now though, this is the time for 2008 to shine, not to move the focus to next year corps

Maybe they are trying to recapture some of their fans, almost an appeasement, please don’t hate us kind of thing

Of course.. it HAS to be something bad behind it becuase its the cadets..

By the way, most of the corps out there have already posted their 2009 audition information.

The next few days are going to be vital to each corps recruiting for the next year.

Everyone wonders why the top stay near the top? thats part of the reason. Thinking ahead.

2008 is shining, and will shine all the way to finals.

Go everyone!

every corps goal should be the enthusiasam of the music that Bernstein showed while conducting on that video...

He was IN to it...awesome...

Hopefully the Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County will show us what that's like next year... :thumbup:

The Cadets rehearse about 9 miles from where I live during the school year. If we learn that they will not be utilizing spoken word in this show I will very strongly consider attending the first audition camp.

I think you just guaranteed LOTS of narration in next year's show. JOKE!!! :thumbup:

I still think having Tony and Maria sing "Somewhere" would be great (and that 'somewhere' being on the field :smile: ).

No West Side Story, please please please. Highlight shows and the like have always disappointed me. I know they will probably change the title and workings of the show a million times but doing an anniversary show seems to tell me "we're going to take the year off creatively"...whether they do so or not, that's how those kinds of shows strike me.

Hey, that "taking the year off creatively" is working quite well for one of the top corps this summer. I say go for it.

I still think having Tony and Maria sing "Somewhere" would be great (and that 'somewhere' being on the field :smile: ).

I think it would be great too!

mini-poop.jpg

:thumbup:

Love ya, brother! :smile:

Edited by skajerk