World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked Blue Devil's drill design. Yes, it's clean , but not as demanding as Cavaliers or Phantom, IMHO. This is going to be very close.

I totally agree. There drill is very simple to me. Shapes, lines nothing really fancy or unique. But that is just my opinion take it or leave it.

Did anyone else just lose the BD live blog?

Man, I guess I'm on acid. I didn't see anything special in Cavies drill this year. Looks like old school slow Cavie box to box drill to me. They did some challenging stuff during the drum breaks but nothing I haven't seen them do before. Add to that they never seem to do difficult drill while playing...blah blah...they know how to create a show for the sheets I'll give them that but I am totally missing something that everyone else isn't.

Old school.........what year? I don't remember seeing many of their moves before and I've been around the Cavaliers since the 1970s. That was when they did old school.

I'm with you. It is musically sterile, and many of the visual ideas are clean but nothing new or that exciting.

And, it will probably win.

I don't see how some people call this standard Cavalier drill. The last two years, Michael Gaines has been changing up his writing. For one, there's more ensemble movements in the show, rather than the small group 8-count hit stuff everywhere. I know most of their shows this decade like the back of my hand, and I can see the resemblence in the sense of style, but not much else.

Hmm. I don't know. *shrug*

I'm with you. It is musically sterile, and many of the visual ideas are clean but nothing new or that exciting.

And, it will probably win.

so not only does it have to be clean as hell and difficult, but it has to be completely brand new? I'm sorry, but many corps use many idea over and over and maybe just redo them a bit... so why all focus only on them?

Dang, hubby's laptop battery ran out of juice near the end of Cavies' performance, so I didn't even get to see BD. Oh, well. That's what the DVDs are for, I guess.

overkill ending!!!! no pun towards phantom!!!