World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

You call someone crappy and then question their class. Just needed to point that out.

Because I am tired of the "Thumbs Down - Boo" to the winner and all the snide remarks. How about "hey I disagree, but great job". This stuff acting like BD doesn't deserve it is rediculous.

I would never say that to another corps, I have more respect than that.

Like I said. Do I think BD SHOULD win? Of Course!!

But if someone else does tomorrow night, I will be the first one in here congratulating their team. And no, I will not be bashing judges, the corps, the design, the playing, the marching, etc.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said BD sucks, but the show is terribly designed, and the kids aren't selling it. You see things differently as an alumn, and that's fine. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Newseditor44. You need your head examined if you think that BD's show is poorly designed. It is designed to play the game set forth by the sheets. I think it is not as challenging as a few other corps, but is not poorly designed, and it is executed at a superior level.

Thats good to hear. Are the age out ceremonies going on now or something? How age outs does SCV have?

I could not see all of them (I wish they would have held a wide shot for a few minutes) and cannot say what SCV had on the field. As you would expect, the very top corps all had a lot of members out there.

SO when are the shows going to be up on the fan network?

I agree. I don't think the word "perfect" appears on any sheet. A top number just means the very best of what was seen on a given night and that the performance clearly meets all of the criteria for the top box. It is pretty much impossible for anything in this activity to be PERFECT, but that does not mean that all of the available numbers cannot be used by a judge to rank and rate. If no perfect scores were allowed, that highest score possible would be 98.4 (I think if my math is correct) And we have seen that score win many times. (I think at least 4 or 5 times)

So as a corps member, I shouldn't try to perform my show pefectly, I should just do it better than the other corps?

Life's always tough at the top but maybe you've never experienced it ?

( rimshot) :thumbup:

ignorant statement.

98 bd is probably my favorite hornline of all time. 97 madison is one of the most well-liked shows ever. 93 colts was the first year the corps made finals. what have you accomplished?

Some of us are not even talking about the 20's, I could care less... I know they don't mean perfection. My issue is with the spread and the spread increasing... I don't even care about us being in 3rd... but to have gone down in spread? I just don't see it... not from what I just watched... that was some amazing drill that I've never seen before... and it was #### clean. I say threeway tie or have some closer scores... but don't start spreading stuff out that shouldn't be.

Happens most years. The perceived champ gets that bump. Sometimes it benefits your corps (or mine), and sometimes it sucks... Remember those cadets from last year that went from .05 down at semis to a full point at finals. I doubt the cadets top a nap on finals day and got worse...but thats usually how the scores go. Here's to hoping this year is different... :thumbup: