Thank you, fans

Performing Friday night for the audience at the DCI World Championships World Class Quarterfinals was an amazing experience because the fans were so incredibly supportive of every piece we performed. I was stunned we got a standing ovation after every piece. You folks who were in the audience were astounding in your sharing of your love.

After 30 years of not experiencing that kind of emotional response, I felt I had a much better feeling of how it feels for the kids today to know the audience is behind them.

I've always known the fans were special, but Friday night, I realized they were special beyond words.

(Insert Sally Field quote here.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael, I was loving it from just watching it on the computer. I can only imagine what it was like being in the audience.

Well done, sir! (and all you other Cavies that were out there too)

Edited by skajerk

Performing Friday night for the audience at the DCI World Championships World Class Quarterfinals was an amazing experience because the fans were so incredibly supportive of every piece we performed. I was stunned we got a standing ovation after every piece. You folks who were in the audience were astounding in your sharing of your love.

After 30 years of not experiencing that kind of emotional response, I felt I had a much better feeling of how it feels for the kids today to know the audience is behind them.

I've always known the fans were special, but Friday night, I realized they were special beyond words.

(Insert Sally Field quote here.)

Michael,

As I said on another thread, I just didn't know if Cavies could out-perform and outshine what Kingsmen did last year, and I didn't think Kingsmen would top Madison's performance from '06 - but you all went above and beyond! It was so great to see and hear all of the favorites from over the years and to watch the guard perform moves that I did back when I marched!! I was so happy to see so many people stay in the stands as well. I really hope you all felt the love :thumbup:

Michael,

As I said on another thread, I just didn't know if Cavies could out-perform and outshine what Kingsmen did last year, and I didn't think Kingsmen would top Madison's performance from '06 - but you all went above and beyond! It was so great to see and hear all of the favorites from over the years and to watch the guard perform moves that I did back when I marched!! I was so happy to see so many people stay in the stands as well. I really hope you all felt the love :thumbup:

Boo.... simply incredible! What a wonderful trip down memory lane! You guys were awesome!!! Was Jeff there tonight?

I was in the audience tonight and totally enjoyed the 8-8-8 Cavies.... I marched in the 70s and 80s, and absolutely loved the timewarp back to my era!

No matter how young or old, the Cavie classics are priceless! :thumbup:

Congratulations, Cavies! :thumbup::smile::thumbup: Classy show.

they gonna put the Cavies alumni show up on fan network by chance? hint hint...

Thanks to all the FMMs for the outstanding show. There I was, 4:30 in the morning, yelling at my computer as each segment would end. It was great for a long time fan of this corps. You guys are to be commended for a thoroughly enjoyable show. It was pure entertainment. You served your reputation well.

That was fun to watch. Thanks!