The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

But wait, No corps can win on finals night if they didn't win semis. :worthy:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Regiment Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When DCP crashed last night (right as scores were being read), I had the sudden desire to go to youtube, and listen to the score announcement from 1996 finals, from 3rd to 1st place. I imagine that just as Brandt said the words 'which is actually a tie for first place', and the crowd erupted, that the same roar was happening in bloomington. I had a feeling....

Can anyone answer this? I have been to finals many times but I can't remember. At retreat, all the MMs are standing at parade rest. What happens when a score is announced? Are they allowed to react or do they just have to stand there? When BD was announced 2nd, what was PRs reaction or their reaction when they were announced 1st. I can picture all those kids out there not being able to react except for the smiles on their faces and their tears.

Proud Marimba mom (wishing I could have been there - I was ready to hop on a plane Thursday morning if those darn lottery numbers had just come in!!)

Edited by PhanFan

CONGRATULATIONS PHANTOM!!!! That was some amazing drum corps that you brought to the field this season and your performance last night will go down in history as one of the all time crowd favorites and most listened to on the CD's for years.

This should also put to rest the idea that music plays second to visual when determining a champion. BRAVO!!!! Your musical performance was the most passionate and emotional performance in over 24 years in the activity and the quality was truly at a tribute to your extremely hard work.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the corps as this will go down as one of the best seasons of DCI in history. I see many new and exciting ideas presented this season that will just get better and better in the coming years.

Can anyone answer this? I have been to finals many times but I can't remember. At retreat, all the MMs are standing at parade rest. What happens when a score is announced? Are they allowed to react or do they just have to stand there? When BD was announced 2nd, what was PRs reaction or their reaction when they were announced 1st. I can picture all those kids out there not being able to react except for the smiles on their faces and their tears.

Proud Marimba mom (wishing I could have been there - I was ready to hop on a plane Thursday morning if those darn lottery numbers had just come in!!)

How did you do that graphic in your signature? That's pretty cool.

Congrats, Regiment! I only got to see your show in the theater, despite you playing less than 3 miles from my house in June at DCI Normal. I can't believe that you did it and your organization has deserved this for a LOOOOONG time.

I got the pleasure this morning of breaking the news to 89 alum, "Smiley" and his reaction was, "You're kidding me. Quit pulling my leg....THEY WON?!" and then lets of yelling. :D

Congrats to all who have worn the Phantom Regiment uniform and helped in any way. I'm beyond jealous, and despite being 29 years old, kick my self every summer that I didn't audition for Regiment.

Although my heart goes out to my brothers and sisters in Blue (A and B-corps), I must congratulate the Phantom Regiment (and SCVC) for their dogged determination and execution. You have to be the best on any given night to take it from the best. Nicely done.

What a great season. I'm tired just thinking about it.

How did you do that graphic in your signature? That's pretty cool.

21 frames done in a program similar to photoshop. Then you open the frames (like cells in traditional drawn animation) in an animation program, set the frame rate (speed) for each frame, optimize (erase redundant pixels, reduce the color palette etc.) and save as a .gif.

I really should learn flash animation, but I am a dinosaur.

Marimba Mom

Mike New is in Bloomington. Talked to him on the phone a while ago while they were waiting for Phantom's encore. He said it was absolute chaos when BD was announced 2nd place. I wish I could have been there to witness.

I sure it was just as loud as 1988.