The official "Please put Regiments field entrance on the DVD&quot

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking about this the other day. They should definitely include Phantom's field entrance on the dvds. Question: I must have missed the "bad blood" between the drum majors during the entrance when I saw them in Quarterfinals (my only viewing of them this year) what happens?

I was just thinking about this the other day. They should definitely include Phantom's field entrance on the dvds. Question: I must have missed the "bad blood" between the drum majors during the entrance when I saw them in Quarterfinals (my only viewing of them this year) what happens?

Yeah....they focused on the lead DM's entrance onteh podium at Qtrs (I mean...who WOULDN'T?? It was awesome and totally in character!!)

Someone check me on this, but I believe the set up was that teh 2nd DM went to shake the hand of the first in camaraderie and was rejected?? If that's the case, his admiration of Spartacus and his reaction to Spart's death makes even more sense!

One thing I noticed was that in 06 when Phantom had some pre-show character, they showed some of the pre-show and edited out a little so they could get more things on there without taking all the time that it took to set it up. Maybe they will do something similar with the trumpet Fanfare and leading the DM onto the field.

As part of the A-to-Z treatment of the show, it's gotta be there. It wouldn't be the whole show if it's missing, even if they hafta show some Cavies still exiting the field.

I was in the opposite corner of the stand about 20 rows from the top - the entrance almost made me wet myself. :worthy:

Again, and I'll never get tired of saying it - the entrance has to be there - anything less will be cause for an army of unhappy campers. And we don't have any desire to be a "slave" army - WE ARE SPARTACUS!! :smile:

ok the title is supposed to say "the official "please put phantom regiments field entrance on the dvd!" petition thread"

coolest field entrance I've ever seen, and the story started right from there! would LOVE to see this on the DVD, especially to see the bad blood between the conductors to make the rest make more sense (not that its needed to make sense). and it is just too cool not to have on video, and for people to see who never got to see the show live

who agrees?

sign!

I have had the extreme fortune of talking with someone from DCI today who shed a whole bunch of light on the online stuff. Everyone at DCI really really really wants to post more video. Heck, the guy that runs the online video is a Regiment alumn, if it was up to him, their entire season would be online. But the are issues with the contract with ESPN that does not allow them to do it. They have been fighting with ESPN for months, and as late as the past few weeks, trying to reach an agreement, but in the end, it just wasn't meant to be (He assures me that there were even higher-ups inside ESPN that were trying to help us). He promises they are working on stuff to post in the next couple of days/weeks. But as for anyhting that happened in the stadium, including retreat, scores, etc, ESPN owns the rights to it all.

If you want to complain, talk to the Disney lawyers.

I'd imagine that if it's not on the DCI dvd's, you can bet your ### it'll be on Phantom's tour DVD this year.