Now how much would you pay?

one more thing.

I worked extremely hard for my ring, I love it and cherish it with all my heart,

BUT, if someone walked up and offered the right amount of cash I would toss it over in a heartbeat, and so would anyone else. we all have a price whether its $1000 or $1,000,000

now before you trash me, just know the amount it would take assures I would never sell it, but if someone offered me a 6 figure sum? yeah, it would be gone

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh... for that amount of money you could sell it and have another one made!

I wouldn't buy the ring even if it was posted as buy it now for a penny. I marched corps for years and never won a championship. Other than Canadian Nat's. But we got patches for those wins.

My question for the people who say they would buy it is this!!! What is the reason you are buying it for? My guess is so you could wear it and tell people you marched with XYZ corps. EARN YOR OWN I SAY!!!!! All reasons for buying a DCI champ ring is ASBURDITY!

Let's see if I can help you out here, Mark.

Some of you are missing the keyword "hypothetical." He isn't asking if you've won or lost finals. He is asking IF you were a DCI memorabilia collector, what would something be worth to you.

Is that close, Mark?

A program from DCI's inaugural season, plumes from a Kingsmen shako, tshirts would have more value to me.

I wouldn't buy the ring even if it was posted as buy it now for a penny. I marched corps for years and never won a championship. Other than Canadian Nat's. But we got patches for those wins.

My question for the people who say they would buy it is this!!! What is the reason you are buying it for? My guess is so you could wear it and tell people you marched with XYZ corps. EARN YOR OWN I SAY!!!!! All reasons for buying a DCI champ ring is ASBURDITY!

I personally would buy it. NOT TO WEAR IT, like you want to believe. I DO collect stuff. No different than a coin collector. I don't flaunt it. I have a basement decorated in corpsdom. Collections aren't about bragging. I don't even know if they had rings in my day. My corps never got that close for me to worry about it. I even sold my own jacket TO A COLLECTOR. See I EARNED the jacket and my memories can and never will be sold, but to someone else, the jacket is unbelievable. I have my own things I collect, including patches, dvds, tour shirts ( of which I never marched any of them and haven't even seen some of the shows they represent), etc. To each their own, why are people so angered by someone else wanting to collect things????????

If a Phantom ring from '96 or this year showed up on eBay, I'd definitely bid on it.

It'd be nice to own a piece of history.

You can't honestly say if you walked up to a yard sale and a DCI ring was on the table, and the lady says "make me an offer" you would just say "no thanks".

Yes I can! I would pay more for the conversation as to how it came to be in her possession.

but thats what she's saying. if you earned one, its priceless, if you didnt, its worthless

Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying! Thanks :)

Edited by Supersonic

Not one cent. Maybe the people that wear corps jackets that never marched would pay top dollar, but not me.