'09 DCI Eastern Classic in Allentown?

Is Franklin field still there? I thought I had heard it was torn down. I hope not - I marched there 1981 and have fond memories of that stadium.

oh it's still there. starting to look it's age too

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants Stadium = 15,000 fans each night.

real grass now and the possibility of NFL preseason schedule conflicts

Giants Stadium is an overpriced dump in the middle of a swamp, an area riddled with too many roads, too many people, too man ycars, accidents, trucks and traffic all hours of the day. There is NOTHING around the stadium but abandoned factories, outdated highwhays, smelly air and when you do finally get to some inhabited areas via route 3. the Turnpike, and toues 1 &9 and 46, you get people, wall to wall people , overcrowding, and again, did I mention traffic ??

Prices in the stadium are outragous $6 for a hot dog, $5 for a sad. THe acoustincs are terrible, and you can hear everyone, all around you, who whisper as if they are talking directly to you.

Nevermind the parking fee for using the lot.

Geoffrey

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fitton Field at Holy Cross might be nice, although an overhead looks reveals that fans and corps would have to trek across campus from the parking lots and the field itself backs up right onto a freeway. Still, a nice big wraparound stadium:

fittongameday-lg.jpg]

Fitton Field at Holy Cross in Worcester is a nice stadium but there aren't a lot of places for the corps to warmup. Parking isn't all that great either. DCI did hold a show there in 2005. As much as I would like to have a show closer to my house I still like Allentown. Nothing beats watching the corps warmup in the park. The funnel cakes are good to!!

Nick M

Giants Stadium is a dump! I attended a few shows there and it is just awful! And if you think it's bad when you're driving there, you should try going to a show there when you're relying on NJ Transit Busses from Manhattan. Thank goodness the Giants are finally getting rid of it!

Here's a decent-sized one not too far away from Allentown: Banko Field in Bethlehem PA

http://www.hurricanefootball.org/Pictures/banko.htm

Is Franklin field still there? I thought I had heard it was torn down. I hope not - I marched there 1981 and have fond memories of that stadium.

Lucky, my only memories of that stadium are, "God dammit, why can't we get a football team..."

Edited by Hrothgar15