From inside Phantom Regiment Headquarters

What we need from Phantom next is New World Symphony. Until 2008 this was my absolute favourite show of all time. 1989 to 2009 is twenty years so it's time for a re-write. With the bigger horn line, the full three valves, and the Bb "bugles" the music ould be amazing. Can't wait to see it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

09 will be 21 years after 89.

(89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98) - ten years

(99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08) - ten years

(09)

EDIT: well, it depends on perspective i guess. you could count 89 as a year or you could only count "anniversaries." 89-09 is 21 years, but it would be the 20th anniversary of 89. either way... new world shouldn't be touched :thumbup:

Edited by Kekkles

09 will be 21 years after 89.

(89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98) - ten years

(99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08) - ten years

(09)

EDIT: well, it depends on perspective i guess. you could count 89 as a year or you could only count "anniversaries." 89-09 is 21 years, but it would be the 20th anniversary of 89. either way... new world shouldn't be touched :thumbup:

LOL, would you say they performed Dreams of Desire in the same year or a year later than New World? I'm sticking with a year later. Which would put their '90 show at the 1 year mark. And Phantom Voices at the 2 year mark. Carry that on, and you'll get to 20 years later if they were to perform it again next summer.

(Another example--my daughter was born in May of 2002. I wouldn't include year 2004 in any calculation to determine the number of years that have passed since that date--she's 6 years old, not 7.)

LOL, would you say they performed Dreams of Desire in the same year or a year later than New World? I'm sticking with a year later. Which would put their '90 show at the 1 year mark. And Phantom Voices at the 2 year mark. Carry that on, and you'll get to 20 years later if they were to perform it again next summer.

(Another example--my daughter was born in May of 2002. I wouldn't include year 2004 in any calculation to determine the number of years that have passed since that date--she's 6 years old, not 7.)

right... i already said that.

the thing is, the guy said, "1989 to 2009 is twenty years," which is patently incorrect, the way it is phrased. if we do it your way then we get the "20 years after 89" thing. which wouldn't be wrong, it's simply a shift in perspective, like i said.

But we still had Jim Wren, Dan Farrell, Marty Hurley, John Brazale, Bob Smith, Mark Glasscoe, Michael Cesario, David St. Angel, etc.--obviously those folks weren't "tweeners." Whatever the reasons for our drop in placement, you can be sure it wasn't due to a lack of staffing experience.

Sorry, from "my" point of view, even though I have discussed this with Nikk, Grant, and a few others..........1992 PR was screwed, shafted, hosed on, etc......I could go on and on, but simple fact is that.

Geoffrey

Those would be almglocken. :)

Well alright then, more ALMGLOCKEN!

I'd never heard that word before; thanks!

... you know what i mean. classical is really all they do. and not that that's a bad thing, i'm just saying i'd like to hear something outside of that sphere, just for the sake of hearing it.

and that's two-for-two for people telling me they would rather hear hotel california from crown than phantom... what is that about? that song would sound so much cooler from regiment than from anybody else.

if Phantom Regiment EVER does anything non-classical/symphonic...I QUIT! Game Over! Screw you guys, I'm going home!

:cool:

Sorry, from "my" point of view, even though I have discussed this with Nikk, Grant, and a few others..........1992 PR was screwed, shafted, hosed on, etc......I could go on and on, but simple fact is that.

Geoffrey

Thankyou. ALthough I was not happy with our outcome, we still had some good momnets.