From inside Phantom Regiment Headquarters

In order to make 209 better than 2008, they have to win the championship with that same level of emotion, but without the close margin. It's tricky because they alone can't control what happens, but this time they have to get at least 0.5 ahead of the 2nd place corps at finals to make this season better than last year (and it would help if they could keep an undefeated streak like BD this year).

As for repertoire, I heard in another thread that a Fantasia/Disney show would suit them well and I have to agree.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see what Phantom could do with "The Barber of Seville" !!!! :tongue::thumbup::thumbup:

Near the end they could have a guy in the barber's chair and then the barber could slit his throat with a razor blade. :thumbup:

Something dark and mysterious so they could wear their black uni's again. :thumbup::thumbup: LOL

Edited by Walter

What about a "swashbuckling" type show consisting of excerpts from the following movie soundtracks:

- The Sea Hawk (Erich Korngold)

- The Perfect Storm (James Horner)

- Pirates of the Caribbean (Hans Zimmer)

Yeah, yeah, I'm offering my opinion a bunch on everyone else's suggestions. Take it for what it's worth--I'm nobody.

I like the suggestion, but maintain that I would like to see Scouts do Pirates of the Caribbean. Swashbuckling just fits them better, IMHO. Great selections, though!

But we still had Jim Wren, Dan Farrell, Marty Hurley, John Brazale, Bob Smith, Mark Glasscoe, Michael Cesario, David St. Angel, etc.--obviously those folks weren't "tweeners." Whatever the reasons for our drop in placement, you can be sure it wasn't due to a lack of staffing experience.

You guys were stacked in 92--staff, membership. Just not show, unfortunately. Just the even year thing from back then. But an insanely talented corps top to bottom.

I'd like to see what Phantom could do with "The Barber of Seville" !!!! :tongue::thumbup::thumbup:

"Ooooooooofffffffffffff...with his head!!!!"

I like La Gazza Ladra, personally. I think having a "magpie" charachter running around the field stealing random items would be too cool! You know, one of the color guard's flags; a trumpet...the actual instrument; conductor's baton. Have a nest set up on the front sideline where the birdie keeps taking her "spoil"--silver spoon and all!

Not exactly "Dark" Phantom Regiment. More like 05, but that went over pretty well. Maybe this would go over better with Crown?

Now that would certainly be a fun contrast to develop...Phantom Regiment--the Dark Side; Carolina Crown--the Light Side of classical? Will be a fun rivalry to watch develop in coming years!

I like La Gazza Ladra, personally. I think having a "magpie" charachter running around the field stealing random items would be too cool! You know, one of the color guard's flags; a trumpet...the actual instrument; conductor's baton. Have a nest set up on the front sideline where the birdie keeps taking her "spoil"--silver spoon and all!

Only if the character picked the judges' pockets during the show :tongue:

Only if the character picked the judges' pockets during the show :tongue:

What about John Rutter's Beatles Concerto?

i want to see phantom step out of their safety zone, repertoire-wise.

i've ALWAYS wanted to hear them play hotel california in particular.

Their SAFTEY zone? That is like saying the Dev's "saftey zone" is anything jazzy. It's not a saftey zone, it is what they do best. IMO, Phantom's music is anything but safe.

Now for Hotel California, talk to me when Crown adds it to their rep...

Their SAFTEY zone? That is like saying the Dev's "saftey zone" is anything jazzy. It's not a saftey zone, it is what they do best. IMO, Phantom's music is anything but safe.

Now for Hotel California, talk to me when Crown adds it to their rep...

... you know what i mean. classical is really all they do. and not that that's a bad thing, i'm just saying i'd like to hear something outside of that sphere, just for the sake of hearing it.

and that's two-for-two for people telling me they would rather hear hotel california from crown than phantom... what is that about? that song would sound so much cooler from regiment than from anybody else.

I would like to see them do music from Gogol Bordello.