DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

I'm gonna get blasted for this. But as Sis (RAMD) would say... STATESMEN GOT HOSED!!!
Relax dude..nobody is going to blast you, however Statesmen are in second place by over 2 points and even though I didn't see the caption breakdowns, I think it would be safe to assume that they did not take one caption from the Bucs. So saying that Empire got "hosed" is an understatement...they took a BATH!!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY RUMPED! The pinwheel with the tubas in the center circle & 2 sop soloist out front. They just didn't RUMP the ending.

For those who didn't catch it. The entire ending of the show after the big hit in Malaguena are the rumps. Just a bit different then usual. And instead of one large pinwheel. There were many smaller ones at high tempo.

Glad all reviewing last nights performances enjoyed the Cabs. We all had a blast performing it for you and really enjoyed the ovation you graced us with.

Thank you.

Relax dude..nobody is going to blast you, however Statesmen are in second place by over 2 points and even though I didn't see the caption breakdowns, I think it would be safe to assume that they did not take one caption from the Bucs. So saying that Empire got "hosed" is an understatement...they took a BATH!!

Yo Cap n' Crunch - congrats!!! The judges love your corps the best.

If you think you're going to spend the rest of your life rubbing it in everyone's faces - then I'll be glad to go toe-to-toe with you.

However, the kids in your corps seem to be very nice. It's arrogant d-bags like you that will be the downfall of the Blue Era.

Yo Cap n' Crunch - congrats!!! The judges love your corps the best.

If you think you're going to spend the rest of your life rubbing it in everyone's faces - then I'll be glad to go toe-to-toe with you.

However, the kids in your corps seem to be very nice. It's arrogant d-bags like you that will be the downfall of the Blue Era.

Nice! You guys have a lotta loyalty etc...Iam just very very very proud of my son and my friends who came within 10'ths of competing in Class"A" finals...but it was great!! Grennies put on their very best once again in Northeastern NY state..and of course we all are connected up here...many Grennies have marched in Cru..Statesmen,White sabres, Phoenix (I think) Brigs, and many of those from the aformentioned corps have also marched with grennies..oh i forgot Cabs as well... anyway..some kind of fraternity eh??? Welcome back Grenadiers..may you be part of DCA for a Long long time again!!! Good job my friends!!!! :smile: :smile: :worthy:

Nice! You guys have a lotta loyalty etc...Iam just very very very proud of my son and my friends who came within 10'ths of competing in Class"A" finals...but it was great!! Grennies put on their very best once again in Northeastern NY state..and of course we all are connected up here...many Grennies have marched in Cru..Statesmen,White sabres, Phoenix (I think) Brigs, and many of those from the aformentioned corps have also marched with grennies..oh i forgot Cabs as well... anyway..some kind of fraternity eh??? Welcome back Grenadiers..may you be part of DCA for a Long long time again!!! Good job my friends!!!! :smile::smile::worthy:

stanforj,

I know Kelsey doesn't think too highly of me, but I think highly of him. He was part of the Grenadiers that stuck to their guns and got the corps on the field. He, Don, Neil, Danille, Laura and many others should be commended for such hard work and dedication to the corps. Being an alumni, it makes me proud as heck!

Hopefully I can be on the field for the 50th eh! How about you? Wanna pick up a snare drum? It would be an honour to march in a line with you!

stanforj,

I know Kelsey doesn't think too highly of me, but I think highly of him. He was part of the Grenadiers that stuck to their guns and got the corps on the field. He, Don, Neil, Danille, Laura and many others should be commended for such hard work and dedication to the corps. Being an alumni, it makes me proud as heck!

Hopefully I can be on the field for the 50th eh! How about you? Wanna pick up a snare drum? It would be an honour to march in a line with you!

Really wish I could Adam..have no chops anymore...but geez it would be awesome man!!! And you have to get drummin again...well i know you do..but you and Nick have be part of the grennies again can you imagine with Josh...omg..... :smile: Let's really think about this!!!!

Really wish I could Adam..have no chops anymore...but geez it would be awesome man!!! And you have to get drummin again...well i know you do..but you and Nick have be part of the grennies again can you imagine with Josh...omg..... :tongue: Let's really think about this!!!!

Oh man Josh, Rob, Nick, and myself would be INSANELY fun! My chops are hurtin' these days too, drumset just isn't the same, but I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to get them back in shape. I'm starting on that already.

How about a spot in the pit? Give you the rack setup...bunch o' cymbals, concert bass, congas/bongos...You would be set!

So even if no one directly answered my previous question about who Empire's "screamer" was, from the last few posts I gotta assume it's Joey Pero. Have heard great things about his talent, but never had the pleasure to hear ANYTHING like what I did in Empire's prelims clip - abso-tively unreal!! :tongue: