DCA 2008 Alumni Spectacular Coverage

The guard girls are now in gold and are dancing up a storm. Horns are throwing down.

Oh, by the way, that Delucia drum book is out of this world. So are the players playing it.

As one of those players, I just want to say thanks. It's an honor to play a Delucia book and it's even more of an honor to see how much the crowd really enjoys the programs we put out.

Looking forward to seeing you all again in 2009... with a hell of a program as usual ;).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe come on - I'm told Steve did a great job... he was also a BIG help to me at finals...

Next year back to normal... I'll do the alumni and the man in the Hawaiian shirts will be hot seat for prelims and finals...

but thanks for the thought... I really missed being there... but this old body couldn't do both... I also had to prepare for the suprise job at finals...

Thanks

Soprano trio up front again, this time to do some great triple tonguing.

From left to right: Curt Hawkins, Frank Ponzo AND Jaime (Mrs. Curt) Hawkins. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When an alumni corps has enough horns to field 10 contras, you know they're huge, as is their sound.

Hill Where the Lord Hides. Mellos coming up front, getting ready to switch to the old school French horns. Are they single valve or valve/rotor?

There would have been 11, however our contra "comrade" Kevin B. is on "injured reserve". http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s214/te...1/Hawaii11O.jpg (Fran Haring "Wannabe's)

Valve/Rotor frenchies. And don't forget about the old tenor baris as well!!!! Another Kerchner "Innovation"!!!

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Awe come on - I'm told Steve did a great job... he was also a BIG help to me at finals...

Next year back to normal... I'll do the alumni and the man in the Hawaiian shirts will be hot seat for prelims and finals...

but thanks for the thought... I really missed being there... but this old body couldn't do both... I also had to prepare for the suprise job at finals...

Thanks

Any chance we can fit Ace Holleran back in somewhere? ... He's had a good run at announcing as well in DCA-land ...

:-)

Thank you for the 'play-by-play,' and the outstanding video clip. Sitting here reading it today and viewing the clip for the first time helped me to re-live Sunday's performance.

On behalf of the Caballeros Alumni, thank you for the kind words about our show.

John, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife on Sunday. It was a great pleasure to see you perform. Yaz did good and didn't suck.......LOLOLOL.......I have to make a report to EddieJoe so that he knows how well the visuals worked.....ole amigos

Joe

Thank you for the 'play-by-play,' and the outstanding video clip. Sitting here reading it today and viewing the clip for the first time helped me to re-live Sunday's performance.

On behalf of the Caballeros Alumni, thank you for the kind words about our show.

Alumni Spectacular Video- Bridgemen

WOW! :sad: