The one bad thing about Rochester Stadium

Rochester IS the city to have finals in no doubt about it.But this stadium is not ideal for drum corps.

We need a football field.Find one in Rochester and I say lets have the next 10 years of DCA finals there.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat up in the box section last year and everybody from the Class finalists through the Open class finalists came across fine. There were no problems hearing or seeing what was going on at all.

Those darm Soccer Stadiums. I have often wondered how those football teams that play there can possibly play football on that field.

Then again, I've often wondered how Pele' could play soccer at the Meadow Lands.

If the stadium had 2 to 3 thousand more good sideline seat it would be great.

I believe Paytec park is about as good as you are ever going to find. Lets face it, no one will ever build a stadium with drum corps in mind. I also felt, as a judge for finals, it was about an intimate a setting as you will find.

The city of Rochester is also the most comfortable places to host an activity of this kind. I always thought Scranton was a chore to get around, Allentown not any easier. The cops in Scranton didn't make it a pleasure thats for sure

I believe Paytec park is about as good as you are ever going to find.

Quite frankly I have played at high schools that have a better setting for Drum corps.

The town is great,,the stadium sucks. :whistle:

This could be a different thread but, being an outsider this is just an opinion so here it goes. With the price of gasoline for corps (that are non-profit) gets quite spendy it might be a suggestion to move DCA somewhere central like Ohio or Indiana. I am aware that DCA has a strong history for all the eastern corps but, this might be necessary to keep the growth of drum corps alive. Thanks and have a great day!

This could be a different thread but, being an outsider this is just an opinion so here it goes. With the price of gasoline for corps (that are non-profit) gets quite spendy it might be a suggestion to move DCA somewhere central like Ohio or Indiana. I am aware that DCA has a strong history for all the eastern corps but, this might be necessary to keep the growth of drum corps alive. Thanks and have a great day!

So get someone from one of those areas to Put In A Bid. Rochester Want's it. Rochester Fights to keep it. Rochester does a Great Job of running it.

Also let's not forget attendance. This contest is a big part of DCA's income. Having it someplace that will NOT get the attendance Rochester get's will cut into that. (Although it would be nice to see it move about some.) Like Ackron or Canton, Ohio might be a good place. They both have nice stadiums and they have Drum Corps in the area, and Contests too. BUT, they are Junior. Would the FANS show up? As would Nashville, Atlanta, or Pittsburgh as possible sites. Would the Alumni show have to be dropped?

See a lot has to be concidered.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

I am pretty sure you ARE thinking of another thread because every post in this thread has been positive about keeping it IN Rochester.

At least from my chair. :whistle:

Edited by camel lips

Did he charge you extra? 25 cents in the slot!

Donny, I was in the front row of the 50 yardline. I could feel your vibrato! :whistle: