After all the staff changes, your 2009 predictions

Always dangerous (but fun) to guess before show themes & music books are defined, but here goes...

1. Cadets. Just an anniversary feeling here... I HOPE it's a celebrated return to traditional drum corps, but all bets are off. :)

2. Crown/PR - I see a dead heat here. PR will not fall far, and Crown will continue to surge

4. BD - execution only goes so far when others are in the same ball park with execution & have superior designs

5. Cavaliers - Not a steep fall - just a tight top 5

6. SCV - Fiedler effect continues to mature

7. Blue Stars - The surge continues.

8. Blue Knights - talented corps in 2008 will find better (2006-2007 level) programming again

9. Bluecoats - true top 9 in 2009

10. Scouts - resurrection continues, slowly but steadily

11. Glassmen - corps steadily gets a little better every summer. Could see them as high as 8th, but 11th most likely

12. Boston - a true wildcard

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course sarcasm. I think the jump from 8th to 7th is pretty big. I don't see the Bluecoats placing below 7th next year.

Ha. Better than most other people! :P

Edited by HashBrownJM

1. Cadets - Anniversary theory is surer than CI

2. BD - Great talent, great show, not an anniversary

3. Crown - Probably not a theme show this year but it will be better

4. PR - How can you top a dream year?

5. Cavaliers - Will a new arranger make the music better if the brass caption head is the same?

6. SCV - they will move up steadily for the next few years

7. Bluecoats - 6-8th for the foreseeable future, too many good corps

8. Scouts - 6-8th for the foreseeable future, too many good corps

9. Blue Knights - I never understand their placement (too high) so I will leave them the same as 08

10. Boston - I hope the go up and think they'll go down... SO I'll leave them the same as 08

11. Glassmen - Every year I pick them out of finals but I have learned my lesson, the good guard and visuals will keep them in 11th forever

12. Blue Stars - Everyone saw SoI last year and I saw 2007 Colts (only they make finals the following year which Colts didn't)

I honestly do not see how the Bluecoats will fall below 7th. I do not expect the Blue Stars to jump high enough to break the top 7 this upcoming summer. Could it happen? Absolutely. I just don't see it happening in '09.

The top 7 is pretty much a whole 'nother level in my opinion. You have to be #### good to beat out anyone in it.

With all that said, I sincerely wish the Blue Stars and everyone else a magnificent 2009 season.

:tongue:

Edited by BlooContraGuy

I honestly do not see how the Bluecoats will fall below 7th. I do not expect the Blue Stars to jump high enough to break the top 7 this upcoming summer. Could it happen? Absolutely. I just don't see it happening in '09.

The top 7 is pretty much a whole 'nother level in my opinion. You have to be #### good to beat out anyone in it.

With all that said, I sincerely wish the Blue Stars and everyone else a magnificent 2009 season.

:tongue:

Blue Stars are going to be #### good in '09.

Blue Stars are going to be #### good in '09.

Gonna be fun. Blue Knights top to bottom are gonna be deep, B-Stars also, B-Coats as always. Battle of Blues is gonna be fun to watch.

I still think after it is all said and done the staff changes of the big corps recently will take effect whether this next season or not.

My guess for next year is:

1) Blue Devils- Hope they do something similiar in design to this year.

2) Phantom- Ditto from above.

3) Crown- Hope they make a push for a title.

4) Cadets- Could be the big question mark? What will they do w/Bernstein? Straight Forward or Oprah Show again this year? ha ha

5) Cavies- Staff changes take effect? Maybe not, but musically I feel they need to be much better than a year ago.

6) SCV- I hope they do something a bit different this year and make a push into the top 4.

7) Blue Knights- If membership is retained w/solid show again, watch out.

8) Bluecoats- Hope staffing changes don't cause disgruntled members.

9) B-Stars- Strong again, will need to step up difficulty to compete at next tier.

10) Boston- Want to see something exciting out of Boston again.

11) Madison- Harder design w/type of performers they have plus a better guard makes Madtown a finalist again.

12) Crossmen- Could see a real fight for 10- 13/14 this year.

13) G-Men

14) Colts

15) Spirit

16) Academy

17) Troopers

18) Southwind- are they coming back?

19) Cap Regiment- same question?

20) Mandarins

21) Pac Crest

22) Pioneer

Wes P

1. Crown: will hit all cylinders and learn how to write a better visual program.

2. Devils: not risking absurdity will help...but not quite.

3. Regiment: would be SO hard to follow up with better show.

4. Cadets: on paper, should be a great show for them.

5. Cavaliers: too many changes to over come.

6. SCV: brass just don't get it done.

7. Blue Stars: will continue to climb.

8. Bluecoats: their run towards the top 5 is officially over.

9. Blue Knights: they are always either 8th or 9th so....

10. Scouts: getting their feet back underneath them but still won't solve the guard issue.

11. Boston: they are always so hit or miss, hard to predict.

12. Crossmen: slowly figuring it out.

13. Spirit: will be different...they have to be.

14. Glassmen: issues.

I thought this would be fun to see the movement people think will happen.

SO. If I read this right.

The SAME 5 or 6 will be the Top 5 or 6. (All everyone is doing is pushing the chairs around on the " UN SINKABLE")

Titanic.).

The only real change will again be from the 6th spot to 12th. AND who might make the SEMI's again. Some real good news in this area for sure. Who make's it to semi's. Who might crash top 12. That sort of stuff.

Edited by OldStyleCorps