The top 4 in 2008 finals

En929

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 were right. I thought bd had it won until the trumpet solo fracked which wouldn't have been that bad but then the trumpets coming in after that phased and fracked notes. That's what cost bd the championship and cavies were not a championship corps mostly because of design. Crown if a little cleaner visually would have been in the mix for the championship. Still think crown should have won the ott trophy.

I think I am quite satisfied with the placements this year.

If things were any different with placements, I would still enjoy watching the DVDs in November.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

At the quarterfinals I thought Phantom's show was clearly superior.

At the semifinals I thought Phantom's show was clearly superior.

At finals I thought Phantom's show was clearly superior.

I guess we all get to have our opinions. And I did mine without calling out and trashing on other corps. Yay.

I didnt see phantom at any point after allentown (or before for that matter). After seeing them on saturday night, I knew they were good, but the only reason i didnt think they had a real chance was because it hadnt happened before, not because they didnt deserve it.

Hey look, two opinions in a row with no trashing!!

Its funny...when phantom won that night, everyone was pretty happy for them. Now all the #####ing starts. I know it happens every year, but it's always annoying...

It's lonely at the top, ain't it?

I think the placings are good as they are. To me, both the BD and Cavvies shows were great, but neither of them really affected me as much as Phantom's show. BD was usually cleaner (I didn't get to see it that night), but it never seemed to have as much emotion or seem to grab the audience as much as Phantom's.

I will admit, I am a bit of a Phan, but I'm simply stating my opinion based on the shows that I saw of both corps (Atlanta, Allentown, and various small shows).

Well, my views changed a little after finals night. Finals night I was caught up in the emotion of how cool and different the visual aspect of Phantoms show (especially the end), but whenever I find myself listening to corps, or even watching them on the FN, I watch BD more. I personally don't think that BD deserved the championship based solely on their percussion (because I believe it was so close already, like the scores said). Here's my top 4 lineup.

1. Blue Devils (championship show)

2. Phantom Regiment (championship show)

3. Cavaliers (championship show)

4. Cadets (drills amazing)

5. Carolina Crown (I know they did amazing, but the only things I loved about the show was the opening impact, the contras playing grieg, and the closing statement. Sorry.)

I know that's a top 5, deal with it.

talking with a friend last night I have to agree Phantom won because they did something no one else has done ... they broke that 4th plane of the field between performer and audience .... the people in the stands were part of the show ... not just because the yealling of I AM SPARTACUS ... they were drawn into the story, it made you mad, it made you cry ...

talking with a friend last night I have to agree Phantom won because they did something no one else has done ... they broke that 4th plane of the field between performer and audience .... the people in the stands were part of the show ... not just because the yealling of I AM SPARTACUS ... they were drawn into the story, it made you mad, it made you cry ...

Eh, it didn't make me mad or make me cry. I definitely enjoyed it, but good lord you would think that it was the greatest show ever put on a football from all the nut hugging on this forum.