The top 4 in 2008 finals

En929

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cavaliers

4. Blue Devils

But I am not going to complain how it was judged. As I see it, we witness the power, pageantry and beauty, and the judges make the decisions. It's all good.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Phantom Regiment

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cavaliers

4. Blue Devils

But I am not going to complain how it was judged. As I see it, we witness the power, pageantry and beauty, and the judges make the decisions. It's all good.

And that's another reason why I don't believe in putting as much stock in judges. The judges can judge the way they want or even see it (just like anybody else), but I think the ultimate judge is the audience - who pays to see these things. In it, everyone can pick their favorite show, favorite corp., have opinions about what happened, and who they thought was the best. Thus, YOU can decide who YOU thought was best and to you that is the best. Not what someone else thinks. I said I thought that the Cavaliers were the best and that's what I think! Other's can say Phantom won, BD, or even Carolina Crown were the best. That's what they think! Either way it doesn't matter. :tongue:

1 PR

2 Cavies

2 Crown

4 BD

IMO, Phantom won by the (defiant) heart in their performance. The Cavies had another amazing show and used the visual aspect of their show to their advantage. Crown was just as amazing as the Cavies, but instead used their brassline to their full advantage. Don't get me wrong, BD had a very clean show. What I lacked from BD's performance was emotion. Yes they knew their drill, music, and work, but it was a flat show for me emotionally.

1 PR

2 Cavies

2 Crown

4 BD

IMO, Phantom won by the (defiant) heart in their performance. The Cavies had another amazing show and used the visual aspect of their show to their advantage. Crown was just as amazing as the Cavies, but instead used their brassline to their full advantage. Don't get me wrong, BD had a very clean show. What I lacked from BD's performance was emotion. Yes they knew their drill, music, and work, but it was a flat show for me emotionally.

Is this 1988 all over again? Sort of Deja Vu comparing this year to 1988.

Emotion....means zilch! It is all about performance and execution! PR won because they performed great. BD was right there because of the same thing. I think I need to open a new topic titled, "The Myths of Drum Corps"