Greatest DCA Corps of All Time

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try using a points system: W points for average placing, X points for each year participating, Y points for each year in Finals, Z points for each championship.

An even better way is to award corps not for placing, but for how many corps they beat that season. That gives a more objective view of the corps' strength than average placing. DCA Prelims numbers vary a lot, the corps that placed 13th (whose name escapes me right now) out of 24 corps in this just-completed season has to be stronger than the 1993 Capitol Brass, who finished 13th (and last).

well then,............sounds like you've got some work to do!................ :rolleyes:

I don't get all these formulas for all this stuff... all I know is the the greatest DCA corps of all time was:

The 2002 Syracuse Brigadiers.

Flame away...

:-)

C

That could be the greatest drum corps SHOW of all time - in your opinion - one show (year) does not make it the greatest drum corps of all time :rolleyes: According to the purpose of this thread, I believe to be my understanding.

well then,............sounds like you've got some work to do!................ :rolleyes:

Keep your eyes peeled.

Yes, this is similar to what you produced, Christine. You went a little more in depth into captions and scores. This is purely based upon final results, corps vs corps. As to what's more accurate, well, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

not a single surprise

although I'm bothered by the method penalizing MBI for its years of perserverance... they are the only standout that came out too low in this methodology...

Cabs - greatest all aged corps of all time - duh... go figure! That was a can't miss...

"Cab's Greatest":

Hear hear... :rolleyes:

Elphaba

An even better way is to award corps not for placing, but for how many corps they beat that season. That gives a more objective view of the corps' strength than average placing. DCA Prelims numbers vary a lot, the corps that placed 13th (whose name escapes me right now) out of 24 corps in this just-completed season has to be stronger than the 1993 Chieftains, who finished 13th (and last).

LMAO, my first two years (74/75) we came in 15th at Prelims. Must have been better the second year as there we beat four corps.

There were 15 corps at Prelimes the first year. :rolleyes:

Just for the fun of it working on an RCA rankings............

Greatest show... NO.

Greatest collection of people in a single season at one corps in DCA. Therefore, the greatest CORPS. I am not talking in terms of "over the years" like this thread may be... but in a single season, pound for pound talent and ability in DCA, 2002 Brigs are it. Trust me, I was there. :-)

That could be the greatest drum corps SHOW of all time - in your opinion - one show (year) does not make it the greatest drum corps of all time :rolleyes: According to the purpose of this thread, I believe to be my understanding.

Greatest show... NO.

Greatest collection of people in a single season at one corps in DCA. Therefore, the greatest CORPS. I am not talking in terms of "over the years" like this thread may be... but in a single season, pound for pound talent and ability in DCA, 2002 Brigs are it. Trust me, I was there. :-)

Well since YOU were there..............that must make it fact..............pound for pound

because there is a way to TRULY measure such a statement.................

Kay,

The answer to your question is... absolutely. The truth is usually something people don't want to hear.

Hehe :-)

Don't respond... it isn't important. I'm not going to argue... Cabs are great, bell bottom, silk shirts, sombreros and all... Back to your regularly schedule DCA banter.

because there is a way to TRULY measure such a statement.................