DCI final rankings

I just noticed the finals rankings, averaging the scores from all corps over the course of the season. Tells some interesting stories.

Ranking date criteria: 6/21 - 8/09

Rank Corps Avg. Score

6/21 - 8/09

World Class

1 Blue Devils 89.773

2 The Cavaliers 87.416

3 The Cadets 86.733

4 Phantom Regiment 86.466

5 Santa Clara Vanguard 85.695

6 Carolina Crown 85.685

7 Bluecoats 83.758

8 Blue Knights 80.348

9 Boston Crusaders 80.145

10 Glassmen 79.453

11 Blue Stars 78.553

12 Pacific Crest 77.149

13 Colts 76.347

14 Madison Scouts 75.823

15 Crossmen 75.797

16 Spirit 75.679

17 The Academy 74.675

18 Troopers 73.938

19 Mandarins 73.349

20 Pioneer 66.029

I think if you swap out Cadets and Crown, and Blue Stars with Glassmen, and Scouts with Pacific Crest, you actually have the way things should have placed finals week. I didn't even realize DCI did this.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you swap out Cadets and Crown, and Blue Stars with Glassmen, and Scouts with Pacific Crest, you actually have the way things should have placed finals week. I didn't even realize DCI did this.

Are you sure you want to say the way things should have placed?

As the season progresses, corps flat-line for a while until they either change parts of their show to make it more interesting, or marginally improve. Some corps have longer flat-lines than other corps. Average scores for the whole season mean absolutely nothing to me. How a corps performance is in mid-June compared to another corps can be a completely different comparison in mid-July or August. Each corps improves at different rates and each has different periods of stagnation in their score. Where this happens score-wise and for how long can drastically affect season average score. But when it comes to finals week in August, that could mean absolutely nothing. Again, I think that season average scores show absolutely nothing useful.

. . . and thus begins another episode of the thinly veiled tragicomedy:

"Regiment Didn't Deserve to Win, Part Eleventy Billion. . .with a door."

Tune in next week for another thread; it's sure to delight Phans and Phoes alike! :smile:

I love this post!! And it kills me how many people just wont/can't except reality. LOL PHANTOM REGIMENT WON! THEY WON LEGIT! GET OVER IT FOLKS! LMAO!!! :laugh:

Edited by Perry S

Yes, you can switch people's places to make the order of finals. >_> Oh no! when corps get better, it makes the order switch. shocker!