2008 Season Uniform Changes

The 2008 season brought forth several new uniform changes. What did you DCP-ers think of the changes? I'll start -

1. Madison Scouts. OK - I'm the one of the biggest Scouts honks around but I can honestly say I don't really like it. I like the idea that they tried to look somewhat retro, but the offset bottom made them look like they had it buttoned wrong. The jackets bunched up and looked somewhat sloppy. I did like the ties, and I'm pretty sure they would have looked better with white pants. The guard uniforms were OK but the plain white T-shirts have to go! Sorry guys - Still love the Scouts - always will but I'm just stating my opinion. (Welcome back to the top 12!)

2. Santa Clara Vanguard. Didn't like them at all. The traditional white stripe doesn't look nearly as good now that it's tapered. The outline of the stripe had a different shade of red that just looks wrong. The previous year's uniform was far better.

3. Blue Knights. I was so excited to hear the dots were coming back but you couldn't even tell they were dots from the stands because they were so small.

4. Blue Stars. Much better this year with the all white pants! One of the sharper uniforms out there. I was shocked when they went to Shakos in Atlanta, but they grew on me. Good changes overall I think.

5. Crossmen. I really love the Crossmen, and I liked the white trim this year better than the red from previous seasons. A bit of red in there would have been nice though.

6. Phantom Regiment. What can I say - the uniforms are great and this year's baldrics matched the show theme perfectly. They even made those ugly drums look good once they put them on. Don't change a thing (unless you go all black!)

7. Blue Devils - LOSE THE SKIRTS!!! other than that - nice.

I'm sure I missed some corps changes but these are the ones that come to mind.

Having Said That (for Appleknocker) - Discuss!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scouts... ugly

vanguard- eh

blue knights- only saw them once, don't really remember what they looked like

blue stars- realllly liked the new uni, kind of missed the helmets after atlanta, but like you said, i got used to the shakos.

Crossmen- they looked really sharp, liked the white, and getting rid of the stupid stripe on the pants. A hint of red somewhere and we will be fixed. But i hear rumors (note rumors) of a completely new design for 2009????

Regiment- I love it every year, the baldric changes every year are perfect, now lets just get back to black, haha

BD- Lose the skirts, and i don't like the stripe.

Cadets- Drum major unis... wow, they stood out...

Now that i have said the above... i dont' know, i like the appleknocker poke there.

Madison Scouts - While not perfect, I liked it. Initially I thought it was ugly, but it grew on me. Besides, after the 07 uniforms, what wouldn't be a step up? I liked the FJM designs the best, but thats me.

Blue Devils - Loved the uniform change up. However, I would REALLY hate it if they kept this uniform for more than one year.

Phantom Regiment - Very sharp. But like Blue Devils, this works for this show and probably not for another.

Santa Clara - Sorry... did not like. Wasn't horrible, just didn't like it to much.

Blue Stars - Always thought the helmet was ugly, but you don't know what you got till its gone. Maybe the shakos will take some time to grow on me.

Blue Knights - Much improvment. Looked get from a distance in my opinion.

Crossmen - I liked the change very much. It was a nice refresher.

Madison Scouts - LOVE the design, hate the tone of green

Blue Devils - Keep the white...lose the skirt

Phantom Regiment - Didn't like the gauntlets, liked the tone of the frontcape things

Santa Clara - bleh.....seemed unnecessary

Blue Stars - I personally liked last years design better, would like to see the incorporation of red within the uniform

Blue Knights - it's a nice nod to the past

Crossmen - worked well with the show, made the colors "pop" more....would like to see white pants and more red in coming seasons

Phantom Regiment - Very sharp. But like Blue Devils, this works for this show and probably not for another.

theyve done it the past couple of years now, just small changes for a specific show.

Can the Madison Scouts do me a favor and pick a ####### uniform and stick with it. They've had a different uniform every year since 2002(i think). It's annoying. I personally liked the uniforms they had in 2005. I also liked 2006. 2007's were maybe the worst uniforms I've ever seen a drum corps wear. And 2008. Design a uni that speaks of the Madison Scouts and stick with it for more than one summer. Please!

Can the Madison Scouts do me a favor and pick a ####### uniform and stick with it. They've had a different uniform every year since 2002(i think). It's annoying. I personally liked the uniforms they had in 2005. I also liked 2006. 2007's were maybe the worst uniforms I've ever seen a drum corps wear. And 2008. Design a uni that speaks of the Madison Scouts and stick with it for more than one summer. Please!

I think they should go back to the 2005 unis. They looked very nice.

I think they should go back to the 2005 unis. They looked very nice.

Yes. That was, from my view, the Scouts' "look" (after the end of the 90's look). Besides, even with minor differences, they essentially had the same uni 2003-2005.