That thump you just heard was my father rolling over in his grave

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I got a bad feeling about this ..."

Yes, it's a shame. I always thought that vets in good standing should have a spot.

I think reauditioning has been SOP for a while now.........

nope, nope, nope, I'm not going to take the bait; I am not going to take the bait. I am NOT going to take the bait :tongue:

I know in the "old days" a returning Vet had a spot, but I know there were some who probably would have received the boot if they had to try out again. My question is aren't there corps already doing this? Is this really so surprising and I mean what will it take to get from the Scouts as a returning vet? Do they really have such an easy time filling all their slots?

Relax. When corps do this, way more often than not the vets are given the benefit of the doubt and their spots are secure. It's more a formality than anything. But it is the prudent and practical thing to do to make sure that returning vets do not take their position in the corps for granted and require that they show up prepared and at their best to secure that spot. I have witnessed first hand situations where vets come back having not played a lick during the off-season, allowing their skills to slacken off, or worse...they think they don't even need to show up for a camp or three and that their spot will just be waiting for them whenever they decide they feel like showing up. If a vet has their act together, they should have little to fear about getting that spot. If they don't have their act together, then perhaps they don't deserve that spot to begin with.

That's not at all what this topic is about.

This is not a big deal. Actually, this is common practice among many corps. As someone else mentioned, returning vets are uaually given special consideration anyway. Relax, I am certain Madison will do well next summer, pprobably even better then they did this year.

Edited by morganhill