That thump you just heard was my father rolling over in his grave

Wow.

Fail.

So much for the ol' "change things from the inside" deal . . .now it's stay in that Top 12, no matter what.

Yepsters, it appears that way. UGH...just when I was thinking about going to finals next year. :tongue:

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Madison Scouts are using a synthesizer next season...you know what, I think I'll be ok with that.

All 150 spots are open, including the drum major and back-field conductor. All veteran members are required to audition. Along with typical positions, we are seeking an experienced synthesizer player for this season. If you are interested, please contact Corp Director Dann Petersen.

Man, I was really hoping they would resist going in this direction. They didn't hop on the narration train and that made me happy. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they don't screw up a good thing by using a synth.

Big frikin deal. The Madison Scouts are using a synth. So are alot of other drum corps. They are doing it to keep up with the joneses so to speak and to stay competitive. DCI has made it perfectly clear what corps need to bring to the table to be competitive and it includes amplified pit, voice and the use of synth. The world will not end. We'll see how you all feel in July when every Scouts supporter is #### -ing themselves over the Scouts show no matter how good or bad they may be. They are simply doing what it current in DCI.

Edited by contrajedi8

Big frikin deal. The Madison Scouts are using a synth. So are alot of other drum corps. They are doing it to keep up with the joneses so to speak and to stay competitive. DCI has made it perfectly clear what corps need to bring to the table to be competitive and it includes amplified pit, voice and the use of synth. The world will not end. We'll see how you all feel in July when every Scouts supporter is #### -ing themselves over the Scouts show no matter how good or bad they may be. They are simply doing what it current in DCI.

Yeah good thing that Phantom Regiment and the Cavaliers realized that you need amped voice in order to be competitive or else they wouldn't have won.

Way to go Jeff, Dann and crew!

Why wait until the synth bus has passed the corps by. Jump right into the fray the first year. Now, that's what I call courage.

Madison will still be....wait for it....MADISON!

GO SCOUTS!!! <---note the requisite 3 exclamation marks.

I wonder what Linda's opinion will be....probably not much because it doesn't affect the guard.

Edited by Tom Brace

Coming soon:

:tongue:

well now, obviously, they won't be using REAL strings,,,

umm

they'll be sampled and played by the synth player... of course

well now, obviously, they won't be using REAL strings,,,

umm

they'll be sampled and played by the synth player... of course

Yeah, I know....that's why it's "coming soon". :lol:

Anyhoo, maybe Madison can make this work . . .but there's about twenty years of high school bands that right now tell me otherwise, IMO.

I'll give it a chance.

. . .I just don't want another travesty like "AQUA!" :tongue:

Actually, for me, the worst part of that paragraph was the fact that the Madison Scouts, one of the oldest players in the game, have the word "Corp" on their website. Shame.