Restarting the Madison Jr. Scouts

Since Cap Sound has given its blessing, who gives a bleep what you think.

We are talking about a parade and standstill corps for now. No touring. No competing. If Cap Sound wants to make a go of it, they get their equipment back. They just say the word. We have a potential director, a couple possible instructors, volunteers, won't be using amps, mixers or synthesizers. From my understanding we have horns, uniforms and probably drums. We don't need vehicles as we will be local and kids will show up at the show/parade sites. So EVERYTHING you moan about is a non factor. In the mean time, while you moan about and harrass those who are trying to do something, what are you doing?

WOW, I was accused of taking a nasty pill before but you just outdid anything I have ever done. You ask what am I doing. I WAS going to give of my time to volunteer for your alma mater, but you just left a pretty poor representation of what that would be like. Did Madison teach all alumns to speak like ticked off rattlesnakes, or did you come up with that all your own? I do not have any problem with you or anyone else coming up with another "feeder" corps, or a brand new world corps, I DO NOT CARE. You look back and tell me where you or anyone else stated exactly what this corps was about or going to do. The question was posed, what would it take. Sorry the answer didn't suit you. Good luck with your activity, with your personality, you are really going to need it. I hope you aren't the spokesperson. Sorry Thirdcoast, I won't be joining you at any of the camps, your "brother" just sealed that deal. What am I doing...............

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Quite.

Do you have any ideas yet regarding female members that want to go onto the next level? Because obviously they can't go onto be Scouts when they "grow up." Maybe work a co-op situation with another nearby corps. Blue Stars come to mind...

We haven't got that far yet. Personally, I would encourage the ladies to go where they want to go.

WOW, I was accused of taking a nasty pill before but you just outdid anything I have ever done.

All you have posted in this thread has been nasty. Let's review your posts. Your first post, #6 of this thread says...

" It would be an easy start up. All you need is eleventy bajillion dollars and a bunch of kids that want to join another new corps that weren't already marching elsewhere. Hey, maybe the Capitolaires should be restarted. That wouldn't hurt Cap Sound either :happy: "So you start with sarcasm about the costs, after Jason explained the start up costs would be low. You continue sarcastically with the Cap Sound comment after Jason explained that wasn't a problem either

You ask what am I doing. I WAS going to give of my time to volunteer for your alma mater, but you just left a pretty poor representation of what that would be like. Did Madison teach all alumns to speak like ticked off rattlesnakes, or did you come up with that all your own?

If you are deciding on volunteering for the Scouts or not, and you are going to base it on one peson as opposed to the thousands of other Scouts out there, what does that say about you?

I do not have any problem with you or anyone else coming up with another "feeder" corps, or a brand new world corps, I DO NOT CARE.

Apparently, you do care, or why were you so worried about Cap Sound? How about this comment...

"I see trying to start another open class corps in an area that has one open class corps sitting out two years, as a slap in the face. The death blow, so to say."

But you don't care, do you?

You look back and tell me where you or anyone else stated exactly what this corps was about or going to do.

OK, here in post #3...

"small corps to do parades and standstills,with something going to the Scouts. Thats it, for now."

and here, in post #10...

"My plan is simple with as little hardships as possible. Get the instruments, practice some music, put on the unis , go make some money."

Then there is more detail in post #22...

"We are talking about a parade and standstill corps for now. No touring. No competing. If Cap Sound wants to make a go of it, they get their equipment back. They just say the word. We have a potential director, a couple possible instructors, volunteers, won't be using amps, mixers or synthesizers. From my understanding we have horns, uniforms and probably drums. We don't need vehicles as we will be local and kids will show up at the show/parade sites."

And yet again in post #29...

"We are working on restarting the Madison Junior Scouts. It will be co-ed. It will be a parade and stand still corps, at least to start. We have discussed the possibility of having alums play, but nothing is set in stone. If kids use the experience to go on to the Scouts, great. If we can make some money to help the Scouts, great. At least verbally, we have horns, uniforms and possibly drums already lined up. It's a pretty good start for an idea that is barely past the fantasy stage and has had one meeting."

The question was posed, what would it take. Sorry the answer didn't suit you.

Your answer, in post #6 was that it would cost a bajillion dollars. In post #10, you were told that was not the case. Despite that, you later posted in post #13,

"if you are talking about turing the jr. Scouts into an all age corps with feeder capability, then go for it. My eleventy bajillion dollar cost is close to right. So all you need is, a director$$, staff$$, uniforms$$ horns$$$$ drums$$ keyboards$$ mics$$ amps$$ mixer$$ SYNTHESIZER$$$cook truck$$$ staff vehicles$$$."

So, if you ask if that kind of sarcasm doesn't suit me, sorry it doesn't

Good luck with your activity, with your personality, you are really going to need it. I hope you aren't the spokesperson. Sorry Thirdcoast, I won't be joining you at any of the camps, your "brother" just sealed that deal. What am I doing...............

My personality? All I have done is try to clarify things that weren't understood and answer the concerns that people brought up. But between you and contrajedi, but especially you, all there has been is sarcasm and criticism. Let's take a look back at your personality...

Your very first post...

"It would be an easy start up. All you need is eleventy bajillion dollars and a bunch of kids that want to join another new corps that weren't already marching elsewhere. Hey, maybe the Capitolaires should be restarted. That wouldn't hurt Cap Sound either"

Well, that sure was constructive and upbeat, huh.

Your second post reads,

"Madison wisconsin is NOT California. There is limited members available. As far as "bemoaning" the loss of corps, I DO. I see trying to start another open class corps in an area that has one open class corps sitting out two years, as a slap in the face. The death blow, so to say. Now if you are talking about turing the jr. Scouts into an all age corps with feeder capability, then go for it. My eleventy bajillion dollar cost is close to right. So all you need is, a director$$, staff$$, uniforms$$ horns$$$$ drums$$ keyboards$$ mics$$ amps$$ mixer$$ SYNTHESIZER$$$cook truck$$$ staff vehicles$$$........members.....volunteers.... seeing a defunct corps comeback, priceless!!!!, seeing another corps keep an existing corps from returning????? If it can be done, GREAT."

Where are the constructive ideas here? Just more sarcasm, criticism and accusations.

And finally, your third post...

"WOW, I was accused of taking a nasty pill before but you just outdid anything I have ever done. You ask what am I doing. I WAS going to give of my time to volunteer for your alma mater, but you just left a pretty poor representation of what that would be like. Did Madison teach all alumns to speak like ticked off rattlesnakes, or did you come up with that all your own? I do not have any problem with you or anyone else coming up with another "feeder" corps, or a brand new world corps, I DO NOT CARE. You look back and tell me where you or anyone else stated exactly what this corps was about or going to do. The question was posed, what would it take. Sorry the answer didn't suit you. Good luck with your activity, with your personality, you are really going to need it. I hope you aren't the spokesperson. Sorry Thirdcoast, I won't be joining you at any of the camps, your "brother" just sealed that deal. What am I doing..............."

Contradiction of your earlier posts, criticism, and complete ignoring of the posts that describe what is happening. So, what are you doing? Who's the ticked off rattlesnake?

I think we can tell.

setting up mini-corps as "pods?" there's no way this is a serious idea. just the floating gibberish of yet another DCP poster (i've had many myself)

Mini Corps... Mini corps... where have I heard that term before????

Oh yeah, it's on the CDs I just received and yearly show in my home town. :happy:

From one parade corps member to hopefully more in Madison, good luck.

Just wondering question for David, are parades in WI paid gigs? They are in the NE but not in some places.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

All you have posted in this thread has been nasty. Let's review your posts. Your first post, #6 of this thread says...

" It would be an easy start up. All you need is eleventy bajillion dollars and a bunch of kids that want to join another new corps that weren't already marching elsewhere. Hey, maybe the Capitolaires should be restarted. That wouldn't hurt Cap Sound either :happy: "So you start with sarcasm about the costs, after Jason explained the start up costs would be low. You continue sarcastically with the Cap Sound comment after Jason explained that wasn't a problem either

If you are deciding on volunteering for the Scouts or not, and you are going to base it on one peson as opposed to the thousands of other Scouts out there, what does that say about you?

Apparently, you do care, or why were you so worried about Cap Sound? How about this comment...

"I see trying to start another open class corps in an area that has one open class corps sitting out two years, as a slap in the face. The death blow, so to say."

But you don't care, do you?

OK, here in post #3...

"small corps to do parades and standstills,with something going to the Scouts. Thats it, for now."

and here, in post #10...

"My plan is simple with as little hardships as possible. Get the instruments, practice some music, put on the unis , go make some money."

Then there is more detail in post #22...

"We are talking about a parade and standstill corps for now. No touring. No competing. If Cap Sound wants to make a go of it, they get their equipment back. They just say the word. We have a potential director, a couple possible instructors, volunteers, won't be using amps, mixers or synthesizers. From my understanding we have horns, uniforms and probably drums. We don't need vehicles as we will be local and kids will show up at the show/parade sites."

And yet again in post #29...

"We are working on restarting the Madison Junior Scouts. It will be co-ed. It will be a parade and stand still corps, at least to start. We have discussed the possibility of having alums play, but nothing is set in stone. If kids use the experience to go on to the Scouts, great. If we can make some money to help the Scouts, great. At least verbally, we have horns, uniforms and possibly drums already lined up. It's a pretty good start for an idea that is barely past the fantasy stage and has had one meeting."

Your answer, in post #6 was that it would cost a bajillion dollars. In post #10, you were told that was not the case. Despite that, you later posted in post #13,

"if you are talking about turing the jr. Scouts into an all age corps with feeder capability, then go for it. My eleventy bajillion dollar cost is close to right. So all you need is, a director$$, staff$$, uniforms$$ horns$$$$ drums$$ keyboards$$ mics$$ amps$$ mixer$$ SYNTHESIZER$$$cook truck$$$ staff vehicles$$$."

So, if you ask if that kind of sarcasm doesn't suit me, sorry it doesn't

My personality? All I have done is try to clarify things that weren't understood and answer the concerns that people brought up. But between you and contrajedi, but especially you, all there has been is sarcasm and criticism. Let's take a look back at your personality...

Your very first post...

"It would be an easy start up. All you need is eleventy bajillion dollars and a bunch of kids that want to join another new corps that weren't already marching elsewhere. Hey, maybe the Capitolaires should be restarted. That wouldn't hurt Cap Sound either"

Well, that sure was constructive and upbeat, huh.

Your second post reads,

"Madison wisconsin is NOT California. There is limited members available. As far as "bemoaning" the loss of corps, I DO. I see trying to start another open class corps in an area that has one open class corps sitting out two years, as a slap in the face. The death blow, so to say. Now if you are talking about turing the jr. Scouts into an all age corps with feeder capability, then go for it. My eleventy bajillion dollar cost is close to right. So all you need is, a director$$, staff$$, uniforms$$ horns$$$$ drums$$ keyboards$$ mics$$ amps$$ mixer$$ SYNTHESIZER$$$cook truck$$$ staff vehicles$$$........members.....volunteers.... seeing a defunct corps comeback, priceless!!!!, seeing another corps keep an existing corps from returning????? If it can be done, GREAT."

Where are the constructive ideas here? Just more sarcasm, criticism and accusations.

And finally, your third post...

"WOW, I was accused of taking a nasty pill before but you just outdid anything I have ever done. You ask what am I doing. I WAS going to give of my time to volunteer for your alma mater, but you just left a pretty poor representation of what that would be like. Did Madison teach all alumns to speak like ticked off rattlesnakes, or did you come up with that all your own? I do not have any problem with you or anyone else coming up with another "feeder" corps, or a brand new world corps, I DO NOT CARE. You look back and tell me where you or anyone else stated exactly what this corps was about or going to do. The question was posed, what would it take. Sorry the answer didn't suit you. Good luck with your activity, with your personality, you are really going to need it. I hope you aren't the spokesperson. Sorry Thirdcoast, I won't be joining you at any of the camps, your "brother" just sealed that deal. What am I doing..............."

Contradiction of your earlier posts, criticism, and complete ignoring of the posts that describe what is happening. So, what are you doing? Who's the ticked off rattlesnake?

I think we can tell.

Eleventy bajillion......did you EVER hear of the term, SARCASM. My thoughts of the Scouts HAVE now been tainted. See you are trying to represent them, I will have no part of that. And yes, I really was planning on it. Your brothers can thank you. If that makes me small so be it, it also makes for an intelligent decision. See if Jason would have said in the first opening statement that the plans are a small parade corps, I probably would have had my son try out, and I would have volunteered money and time. Then you piped up and acted like a little kid who had his lollipop drop on the ground. Nice representation. Oh yeah, HEY MODS, isn't this an OPEN CLASS discussion going on in WORLD threads? Last but not least, you seem really worried about my Cap Sound comments, so I am assuming that it strikes a nervous part of you. Yoiu WANT everyone to know that Cap Sound is ok with it, but yet, I think yor mind was made up before that and you didn't care in the least what it would do to them.

Edited by 84skyrydr

See if Jason would have said in the first opening statement that the plans are a small parade corps, I probably would have had my son try out, and I would have volunteered money and time.

Which opening statement? OP here is David quoting Jason and reading between the lines, doesn't sound like Jason/thirdcoast knew what was going on with MJS. So how could he say anything about the parade corps, which BTW the parade corps info didn't show up until last night.....

And the Parde corps post I'm talking about is the actual planning David/27th... posted about, not Jasons/third.. "pipe dreams" from the first page.

#### most corps start or reform starting with "pipe dreams" so who knows.....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Mini Corps... Mini corps... where have I heard that term before????

Oh yeah, it's on the CDs I just received and yearly show in my home town. :happy:

From one parade corps member to hopefully more in Madison, good luck.

Just wondering question for David, are parades in WI paid gigs? They are in the NE but not in some places.

I would have to imagine they are.