Restarting the Madison Jr. Scouts

Classless acts and the Madison Scouts? Never... just like how members of the modern day corps have never stolen anything off of any other corps equipment trucks in the recent past. Anyway, although I am presenting a dig on the Madison Scouts right now, I really don't mean to make this whole post that...

When presenting ideas to the public, and asking for help for something you seriously want done, it should look professional and be constructed very well with decent English. this is taught across the nation in public schools. Honestly, when I saw the original post, I had no idea what was trying to be said. I got the main jist though. But if you want advice, you have to be really clear in ONE post, hopefully the OP. This thread started off shaky.

Now all the personal insults back and forth, tisk tisk tisk.. but it happens, you all just need to calm down a bit, have a couple of beers, we will all be friends again.

On the topic of this thread... its a good idea. And it isn't a slap to CS if CS doesn't feel like it is. Just play nice kiddies.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

explain to me why this thread even belongs in the World Class Forum?

Is the intent for a proposed Madison Jr. Scouts march in World Class competition?

Again, this thread is in the wrong forum.

A goal is to help the Scouts financially. The Scouts are a World Class corps. Right forum.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

A goal is to help the Scouts financially. The Scouts are a World Class corps. Right forum.

Southwind and Capital Sound couldn't help the Scouts organization. Why would starting another corps help them out financially?

How about this idea....Alumni...pay your freakin' dues. That will do more to help the Scouts than embarking in any parade corps fantasy.

When the org can't even fund the current corps to a successful level year in and out, and you two want to start yet another corps entity. Talk about eye off the ball.

Again, I feel the thread isn't about the Scouts at all. It's about a half baked idea that has zero legs. A parade corps as a fund raising entity. What are they putting in the water back there? Check the chlorine...or the flouride or something. You all got a bad batch.

I still think that you could wind up training a lot of young women who will eventually jump to a corps like the Blue Stars, in which case LaCrosse will be eternally grateful.

I still think that you could wind up training a lot of young women who will eventually jump to a corps like the Blue Stars, in which case LaCrosse will be eternally grateful.

parade corps experience to Blue Stars? Wow...I would think an interim step would be necessary.

Southwind and Capital Sound couldn't help the Scouts organization. Why would starting another corps help them out financially?

How about this idea....Alumni...pay your freakin' dues. That will do more to help the Scouts than embarking in any parade corps fantasy.

When the org can't even fund the current corps to a successful level year in and out, and you two want to start yet another corps entity. Talk about eye off the ball.

Again, I feel the thread isn't about the Scouts at all. It's about a half baked idea that has zero legs. A parade corps as a fund raising entity. What are they putting in the water back there? Check the chlorine...or the flouride or something. You all got a bad batch.

Thanks for your support.

parade corps experience to Blue Stars? Wow...I would think an interim step would be necessary.

Perhaps, but at least they would have some experience to start with.

Perhaps, but at least they would have some experience to start with.

Or at least some exposure to the idea that the Drum Corps activity actually exists.

At the age range quoted sounds like a different target group than the HS/college agers who already know about DCI. IMO, sounds like "marketing" as a different type of musical group might help as not sure how many of these youngsters and their parents have heard about DC.

If it allows more people to participant and become aware of the activity it's a plus already....

Get your facts straight, man. The idea of bringing SW under the Madison umbrella had nothing to do with finances. SW was a completely self-sufficient corps financially and was brought under Madison because Dave Bryan felt a change was needed. The move by SW was paid for by SW.

Things were just fine under Scott Stewart, then a rash of bad financial decisions made by Scouts leadership after Stewart led to the BOD of the MDBCA to try to fold SW after the 2003 competitive year to make up for Madison's financial shortcomings. SW being out of the Scouts umbrella was the best move ever made for SW. I know nay-sayers will say I'm wrong because SW remains inactive, but SW has a better chance for long-term success as a stand-alone corps.