Restarting the Madison Jr. Scouts

Get your facts straight, man. The idea of bringing SW under the Madison umbrella had nothing to do with finances. SW was a completely self-sufficient corps financially and was brought under Madison because Dave Bryan felt a change was needed. The move by SW was paid for by SW.

Things were just fine under Scott Stewart, then a rash of bad financial decisions made by Scouts leadership after Stewart led to the BOD of the MDBCA to try to fold SW after the 2003 competitive year to make up for Madison's financial shortcomings. SW being out of the Scouts umbrella was the best move ever made for SW. I know nay-sayers will say I'm wrong because SW remains inactive, but SW has a better chance for long-term success as a stand-alone corps.

My man. We are all in this together, no one person or group led to our financial shortcomings. We ALL have some responsibility in this. To fix it we have to keep the Madison Scouts moving forward as a family and fix it. And the group in place is doing one hell of a job. I just have a thought to help. I am gonna give it a try, thats for sure.

Jason

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have to be so negative about everything? What in his post makes it sound "desperate?" Here is yet someone else doing something about getting more people and corps involved and all you can do is shoot him down. Why?

It's really quite simple. All this constant hype about the SDCA...where are the results. And it is desparate to jump on every inkling of a corps trying to ignite in DCP of all places to publically post..."hey...you should think about SDCA. A virutally untried, untested, and largely unattended "circuit."

how many corps have actually taken the "floor" in SDCA?

how many shows has the circuit run so far?

how have the crowds been?

Legit questions...still waiting for the answers. So far...I've read lots of hype and that's all.

Mr. Brace. How are the Academy doing?

Jason

ps- Mr. Powers says hello.

I don't know yet. It's still college football season. Busy with the ASU marching band at present. However, I hear some changes have been made...we'll have to see...but, hey this is the Open Class forum.

Tell Steve hi for me. How did the fundraising drive end up anyway? Do I owe another $152? Heck, I'll write the check anyway...the Scouts need it more than I do.

I don't know yet. It's still college football season. Busy with the ASU marching band at present. However, I hear some changes have been made...we'll have to see...but, hey this is the Open Class forum.

Tell Steve hi for me. How did the fundraising drive end up anyway? Do I owe another $152? Heck, I'll write the check anyway...the Scouts need it more than I do.

You are a good man!

I will meet you soon,

Jason

ps- that small corps thing, give it some time. I have heard alot about it seeing that it originated right down the road from me. No more Academy talk here, thats right , this thread must be in the wrong forum. I was right.

Thanks agian.

You are a good man!

I will meet you soon,

Jason

ps- that small corps thing, give it some time. I have heard alot about it seeing that it originated right down the road from me. No more Academy talk here, thats right , this thread must be in the wrong forum. I was right.

Thanks agian.

You know Jason...I was in a snitty mood last night...I apologize. Sure, I can wish you guys luck. It doesn't hurt anyone and possibly helps some kids out to get a parade corps going. I know of a PR vet who put together a parade corps back in the 90s in Beloit or Janesville. I don't know if it is still going, but it was a good effort, nonetheless.

I ask for your forgiveness for my snarky comments. Good luck with your efforts.

It's really quite simple. All this constant hype about the SDCA...where are the results. And it is desparate to jump on every inkling of a corps trying to ignite in DCP of all places to publically post..."hey...you should think about SDCA. A virutally untried, untested, and largely unattended "circuit."

how many corps have actually taken the "floor" in SDCA?

how many shows has the circuit run so far?

how have the crowds been?

Legit questions...still waiting for the answers. So far...I've read lots of hype and that's all.

Interesting question about the crowds, since DCI, THE PREMIER drum corps league can't ( or won't ) tell you how many people attend their shows.

They've shared that information after each season....why do you expect this year would be different?

When and where, I would find that to be interesting. I have never seen or heard any actual numbers. Usually you get a typical reponse" the numbers are up". I would seriously love to know where that actual information is. The only numbers I could find are in DCI's info. "Some 400,000 fans attend". Now if my calculations are right, after factoring in almost 150,000 people in the regionals and finals week, that would leave 107 shows, both open and world, that would have to average 2,383 fans per show, EVERY SHOW. That is pretty impressive. I was only at three shows with those figures and that is out of twenty shows. How was the number 400,000 counted? Again, if you could lead me to the true numbers DCI releases at the end of each year, it would be greatly appreciated. I love numbers, even fake ones.

Edited by 84skyrydr

The classy side of you is much more appealing than the angry side. You're much like me, passionate to a fault. I can tell by your long, detailed posts. I commend you for your efforts in this endeavor as well as your taking time to acknowledge your sensitivity to Cap Sound. The first step to realizing a dream is to believe in it, even if others don't. Keep working my friend, one never knows what could come of it. :blink:

You are right. I allowed myself to get into a negative fight. That is my responsibility. I discussed this with someone else through PM. Sort of snapped me out of it. Just because others post that way doesn't mean I have to respond in kind.

Thanks for the support.