Mike Siglow's Birthday

Hard to believe no one picked up on this. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE :tongue: I've only known the man for maybe 10 years (maybe more....maybe less...). We first met when he appeared to perform for a Veteran's day celebration in Erie proudly wearing his New York Skyliner uniform. Subsequently showed up on thursday nites for a TBIRD rehearsal when passing thru the area. (only guy in a suite and tie in July). I continue to be amazed at his memory of people...places...and shows of not only Drum Corps' present but also of Drum Corps' past.

To the unknowing....he also goes by the user name NYSKYLINER.....PaDCHOF chairman (that's also known as Pennsylvania Drum Corps' Hall of Fame) which he instituted. I could go on....BUT..

A "Tip-o-The Shako" to Mike Siglow. :lol: ....and hopefully many more Birthday's to come.

(almost forgot.........he still play's Lead Sop with SCA........and very Goodly too...)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike......Happy Birthday......ya old fart!!!!!!

Jim

happy birthday mike. i'll alway's remember you as sky's dm with winky.

Yeah Happy B-day to a guy who has gotten me more involved in the non-performance end of Drum Corps....

Happy Birthday, Mike, from both Duke and I. Kisses to Elaine. Hope to see you soon.

Hard to believe no one picked up on this. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE :happy: I've only known the man for maybe 10 years (maybe more....maybe less...). We first met when he appeared to perform for a Veteran's day celebration in Erie proudly wearing his New York Skyliner uniform. Subsequently showed up on thursday nites for a TBIRD rehearsal when passing thru the area. (only guy in a suite and tie in July). I continue to be amazed at his memory of people...places...and shows of not only Drum Corps' present but also of Drum Corps' past.

To the unknowing....he also goes by the user name NYSKYLINER.....PaDCHOF chairman (that's also known as Pennsylvania Drum Corps' Hall of Fame) which he instituted. I could go on....BUT..

A "Tip-o-The Shako" to Mike Siglow. :smile: ....and hopefully many more Birthday's to come.

(almost forgot.........he still play's Lead Sop with SCA........and very Goodly too...)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,MIKE!! :w00t:

Happy Birthday Mike!!!!!

Here's a small testament to his character: He probably won't remember me but in 1977 I had just come to Sky and was marching xylo. I really tore up my knee that fall and Mike came up, introduced himself, without telling me he was the asst DM at the time, and helped me hump that thing up and down the stairs in the Union City Post, and then through a couple of stand stills and exhibitions that winter while I was still on crutches. Great guy, and good to know he can still get around at what must be a very advanced age by now! :happy: