• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. That's gonna happen. :thumbup:

It's not real if I don't get a link...

AND

I'm SICK of the stupid youtube policy. I think it's ridiculous. If it's there, why can't we share links??? Let DCI handle it and the individual corps... There're ways for them to take content they don't approve of down, so if it's been up for YEARS obviously they DON'T CARE or it's not a priority!!!! Making us PM each other and having threads deleted for mentioning youtube is just annoying. This is total hypocrisy. Welcome to the interwebs and 2008. Seriously. AND, DCP, you're not doing any "service" to the community by banning youtube links, because we're all going there anyways. RAWR! STOP BANNING YOUTUBE!!!!

Edited by SCVsopAaron

It's not real if I don't get a link...

AND

I'm SICK of the stupid youtube policy. I think it's ridiculous. If it's there, why can't we share links??? Let DCI handle it and the individual corps... There're ways for them to take content they don't approve of down, so if it's been up for YEARS obviously they DON'T CARE or it's not a priority!!!! Making us PM each other and having threads deleted for mentioning youtube is just annoying. This is total hypocrisy. Welcome to the interwebs and 2008. Seriously. AND, DCP, you're not doing any "service" to the community by banning youtube links, because we're all going there anyways. RAWR! STOP BANNING YOUTUBE!!!!

Aaron,

We normally agree on most things drum corps...but on this one we don't. DCP is a private enterprise, and the owner is at legal risk if he permits illegal content to be included on the site. You are perfectly free to go over there and watch whatever you want, but DCP can't be enabling that and still remain in DCI's good graces.

Aaron,

We normally agree on most things drum corps...but on this one we don't. DCP is a private enterprise, and the owner is at legal risk if he permits illegal content to be included on the site. You are perfectly free to go over there and watch whatever you want, but DCP can't be enabling that and still remain in DCI's good graces.

I don't understand that statement at all. How is he legally liable in ANY way?!? Youtube is, for sure, but not DCP. It's fairly easy for corps to remove content. I just REALLY don't get this one... The content is NOT hosted on THIS site. Totally legal..... I'll ask my lawyer friend today...

AND I made a thread regarding this in the customer service forum... Please discuss there.

Edited by SCVsopAaron

I don't understand that statement at all. How is he legally liable in ANY way?!? Youtube is, for sure, but not DCP. It's fairly easy for corps to remove content. I just REALLY don't get this one... The content is NOT hosted on THIS site. Totally legal..... I'll ask my lawyer friend today...

AND I made a thread regarding this in the customer service forum... Please discuss there.

Not only that, but content posted on here that is a BLATANT violation of copyright law (like video clips from movies, commercials, etc) is not included in DCP youtube policy.

I agree that this stuff is nonsense, especially when we're talking about drum/horn line warm-ups and non-DCI show performances.

But, such is life here, huh...

Not only that, but content posted on here that is a BLATANT violation of copyright law (like video clips from movies, commercials, etc) is not included in DCP youtube policy.

I agree that this stuff is nonsense, especially when we're talking about drum/horn line warm-ups and non-DCI show performances.

But, such is life here, huh...

Ya, I just asked my lawyer friend... I'll hear something soon...

Ya, I just asked my lawyer friend... I'll hear something soon...

Didn't Lee Rudnicki answer this issue a few months back...entertainment law IS his field...I don't see the YouTube issue being that far outside his normal area....unlike if he was a patent or family attorney.