Cadets in Inauguration Day Parade

Great year to change back to "Holy Name Cadets" :tongue:

Sorry but it 's "The Cadets" of Allentown, Pennsylvania. And if the shown Invite is real. They will be Representing PENNSYLVANIA.

"The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps

601 W Hamilton Street

Allentown, PA 18101

ATTN: George Hopkins

Dear Mr. George Hopkins,

Congratulations! We’re pleased to inform you that your organization has been chosen to perform in the

56th Presidential Inaugural Parade."

The Holy Name Church is in Garfield, New Jersey. I know Holy Name Cadets is a PART of their history. BUT groups go to the Inaugration are by STATE. Each STATE gets to have one. I just can not see a group from PENNSYLVANIA representing NEW JERSEY. Not to mention that would mean a REAL New Jersey Group (Band, Drum Corps, ETC) would not be able to go

Edited by OldStyleCorps

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but it 's "The Cadets" of Allentown, Pennsylvania. And if the shown Invite is real. They will be Representing PENNSYLVANIA.

"The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps

601 W Hamilton Street

Allentown, PA 18101

ATTN: George Hopkins

Dear Mr. George Hopkins,

Congratulations! We’re pleased to inform you that your organization has been chosen to perform in the

56th Presidential Inaugural Parade."

The Holy Name Church is in Garfield, New Jersey. I know Holy Name Cadets is a PART of their history. BUT groups go to the Inaugration are by STATE. Each STATE gets to have one. I just can not see a group from PENNSYLVANIA representing NEW JERSEY. Not to mention that would mean a REAL New Jersey Group (Band, Drum Corps, ETC) would not be able to go

you are aware that they changed their name to the "Holy Name Cadets" for the upcoming season right? Just because they changed their name to that doesn't mean they are moving to New jersey

This may be a stupid question - do they show the parade on TV? I've never watched before, but now, aside from the dude being inaugurated, I have a very good reason to watch this.

The only stupid question is the one not asked. The parade is shown on television.

This may be a stupid question - do they show the parade on TV? I've never watched before, but now, aside from the dude being inaugurated, I have a very good reason to watch this.

I'm sure that at least C-Span will be showing the parade.