Congrats Cadets!!!

You can now add the Inaugural Parade to the list of:

-Olympics

-Macy's Parade

-rededication of the Statue of Liberty

-All Star Game

-major televised NASCAR race

What else am I missing?

Appearing as the 'marching band' at a political rally in the 1973 film "Crazy Joe" staring the late great Peter Boyle as Joe Gallo. :thumbdown:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Cadets!!!

You can now add the Inaugural Parade to the list of:

-Olympics

-Macy's Parade

-rededication of the Statue of Liberty

-All Star Game

-major televised NASCAR race

What else am I missing?

I think they were on some thing ESPN did awhile ago... :thumbdown:

YES, I am very aware of the "name change" for this year.

(WHICH I am not in favor of. Having a show, to HONOR the HISTORY, of one of the Best, Finest, Greatest, groups ever, is a Very Good Idea". Their History almost demands it. All those years of CHAMPIONSHIPS: State. National, International and World, - VFW - A,L. - World Open - DCI and MANY MORE! )

Something like: "From Holy Name Cadets to THE Cadets" or "75 Years of Excellance - The Cadets", would have been fine.

I said nothing about the Cadets moving to New Jersey.

I said it would not be proper for them to REPRESENT the State of New Jersey at THIS time. They claim to be from Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA. The invite is for them to Represent THAT State. I am sure there is a Band or Drum Corps in the State of New Jersey that will Represent the State.

Geez, does it really matter? This is not even what this thread is about.

Congrats Cadets. As usual, you will make me proud.

Who's going to push the amp during the parade?

...in every crowd there's always one

Appearing as the 'marching band' at a political rally in the 1973 film "Crazy Joe" staring the late great Peter Boyle as Joe Gallo. :thumbdown:

and don't forget "The New York Experience"....wasn't a photo of the Cadets in Encyclopedia Britanica under "drum & bugle corps"???

YES, I am very aware of the "name change" for this year.

(WHICH I am not in favor of. Having a show, to HONOR the HISTORY, of one of the Best, Finest, Greatest, groups ever, is a Very Good Idea". Their History almost demands it. All those years of CHAMPIONSHIPS: State. National, International and World, - VFW - A,L. - World Open - DCI and MANY MORE! )

Something like: "From Holy Name Cadets to THE Cadets" or "75 Years of Excellance - The Cadets", would have been fine.

I said nothing about the Cadets moving to New Jersey.

I said it would not be proper for them to REPRESENT the State of New Jersey at THIS time. They claim to be from Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA. The invite is for them to Represent THAT State. I am sure there is a Band or Drum Corps in the State of New Jersey that will Represent the State.

Thanks for clearnin that up. From your original post it just sounded like you were unaware for the name change, at least to me it did. I definitely agree with your point on that