Corps Rivalries

What are some of the best corps rivalries and some of the incidents or awesome moments in which those rivalries were seen.

My favorite is the BD and Cavies- i.e. At Nightbeat last season while BD performed Cavies lined up at the gate began waving their aussie hats at the Devils as if they were saying good bye, good times good times.

I liked the Crown v. Cadets rivalry too, because imo there was one lol

Any others people would like to add?

I am guessing you are just talking of the previous year. Other than that, I see no rivalry between Cadets and Crown. I guess there was more of a rivalry between Cadets and BD and Cadets and Cavies when I marched. But that depends on your definition of "rivalry."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers - Kilties - Madison during 60's-70's at local midwest level. Ahhh, leaving bottles of Nair on their buses (hair removal products).

Blessed Sac, Boston, Cavaliers at National level during same period. And a fun rivalry to this day; Cavaliers - Santa Clara.

But most interesting rivalry back in the day was Cavaliers versus the locals - in South Milwaulkee, or any small town we ventured.

Cavaliers - Kilties - Madison during 60's-70's at local midwest level. Ahhh, leaving bottles of Nair on their buses (hair removal products).

I think today there are the same few corps in DCI "World Class" that the rivalries tend to be those fighting it out for what ever position they are in in a given year or 2 to 3 year time period.

For example I'm sure Cavies/BD/Phantom/Cadets are all rivals now because they are in almost all major shows together and in the top 4 spots more or less. The guys in the middle, bottom, fighting for finals, fighting for quarter finals would all follow suit.

Now if this was in the historical forum then you'd hear about all those local rivalries like Kilties & Boys of 76, Boston Crusaders & 27, Cavies & Royalaires, BD & SCV, Scouts & Phantom, The NY corps, The New Jersey corps etc etc etc

did somebody day rivalry? I think the meaning of the word has changed. the best rivalry story I know of can be found here: about a fight in Miami between Cavaliers, St Vinnies, Reilly & Archie link

I've noticed some tensions between the Crossmen and Madison Scouts over the past few years... don't know if you can call it a rivalry.

Phantom and BD come to mind though, and not just because of this past year. But the top 4 or 5 every year could be considered "rivals"

I've noticed some tensions between the Crossmen and Madison Scouts over the past few years... don't know if you can call it a rivalry.

yeah, there has definitly been some tension brewing

I'm going to championship week this year and i just wanna see some insults between corps to make the competitive atmosphere just a little bit more tense and full of emotion, and some just plain funny stuff like that time the velvet knights and BD drum majors got together during a retreat to PaR-TaY lol

I wasn't alive to watch DCI in the 80s, but my band director (former Trooper) said that they all HATED the Crusaders back then.

Edited by OdeToArsenal47