Corps Rivalries

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking today to someone that marched glassmen in the gold era. She said in 98 there was a Phantom Glassmen rivalry throughout the whole season.

hmmm, yeah.. don't think that would help the case....

it would be a real shame if they stole something that means a lot to the corps.... and never to get it back

they stole more than just property

wow. this just made me laugh for a good five minutes. :tic::worthy::tongue:

I know! I mean, whodathunk that someone would have such a hate-on for the Castlemen of Conklin, NY? I understand being jealous of their mad skills with the rifle, and all, but still.....

Robert,

:blink:

What are some of the best corps rivalries and some of the incidents or awesome moments in which those rivalries were seen.

My favorite is the BD and Cavies- i.e. At Nightbeat last season while BD performed Cavies lined up at the gate began waving their aussie hats at the Devils as if they were saying good bye, good times good times.

I liked the Crown v. Cadets rivalry too, because imo there was one lol

Any others people would like to add?

Crown and Cadets were hot on the field. But after the show there was nothing but love friendship and respect. A real rivalry was Cadets v. Cavs in the 80's Ask Somebody!

And next year will make it twice. I guarantee no one else in the top 4 is underestimating Crown. They are for real. Without a doubt the best 4th place show ever. Crown is the next new DCI Champion.

You say that like one of phantom/cavies/cadets/BD is planning to not design and execute the best show they can b/c they are underestimating another corps. When you march DCI, your show is not affected at all by what anyone in another corps thinks of it.

I know! I mean, whodathunk that someone would have such a hate-on for the Castlemen of Conklin, NY? I understand being jealous of their mad skills with the rifle, and all, but still.....

Robert,

:tongue:

I thought it meant Further the Crossmen... :blink:

I was talking today to someone that marched glassmen in the gold era. She said in 98 there was a Phantom Glassmen rivalry throughout the whole season.
WOW That Glassmen percussion in the 98-99 seasons I can see why ! I truly believe that these rivalrys are very

healthy for drum corps , all drum corps , its what separates the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls , its the

competiveness that we install in these kids as educators or at least try to , so that when these young people get out into

the real world they won't be so overwelmed and be able to tackel any situation thrown at them

Edited by rudi man