Corps Rivalries

I believe theres a glassmen and BK one.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe theres a glassmen and BK one.

There's been some spots of tension between BK and Glassmen and Boston over the last several years. There was a pretty big flare up between Phantom and BK in the late 90s/early 00s, too. That's completely subsided, as far as I know.

It funny how being on tour can quickly change your perception of other corps. There used to be corps that I was really into as a fan, then either through close competition or witnessing less than classy behavior, really soured me on them.

Only now, several years after marching, have I started to warm up to all but a couple of those groups.

There was definitely a BD - Phantom rivalry this year. I heard about 2 BD members actually breaking and pushing a Phantom member before ATB at a show. Can anyone confirm this?

Bluecoats and Pride of Cincinnati back in the early '80's

I don't ever remember having a rivalry with Pride.

Glassmen and the Cleveland Cabaleros yes.

Also Bluecoats and Dutch Boy in the mid 80s

and I believe there has always been a little something between Bluecoats and Crossmen

No. Crown has finished in the top 4 ONCE.

Rivalries take years to develop.

And next year will make it twice. I guarantee no one else in the top 4 is underestimating Crown. They are for real. Without a doubt the best 4th place show ever. Crown is the next new DCI Champion.

And next year will make it twice. I guarantee no one else in the top 4 is underestimating Crown. They are for real. Without a doubt the best 4th place show ever. Crown is the next new DCI Champion.

I'm sure the Bluecoats and their fans felt the same way a couple years ago. Only you gotta DO it first before you can start making proclamations and declarations. As fine as they were last year, and as much promise and growth as they have shown, it would still not shock me to see them drop in placement in 2009.

I don't ever remember having a rivalry with Pride.

Glassmen and the Cleveland Cabaleros yes.

Also Bluecoats and Dutch Boy in the mid 80s

and I believe there has always been a little something between Bluecoats and Crossmen

Maybe that was just my personal perception from one event...US Open prelims...1982

Pride beat Bluecoats by .450, and I heard a whole lot of "witty banter" between the corps out in the parking lot...