Corps Rivalries

What are some of the best corps rivalries and some of the incidents or awesome moments in which those rivalries were seen.

My favorite is the BD and Cavies- i.e. At Nightbeat last season while BD performed Cavies lined up at the gate began waving their aussie hats at the Devils as if they were saying good bye, good times good times.

I liked the Crown v. Cadets rivalry too, because imo there was one lol

Any others people would like to add?

Wow! It's reading posts like this that make me realize I'm becoming a relic. I guess if you're still of marching age, then it may seem like Crown and Cadets have a rivalry. Even as a Crown alum, though, I don't see a rivalry. Someone else pointed out that rivalries take years to cultivate. Crown has yet to prove, really, that it has staying power. We've seen a lot of corps challenge for top four or five and then recede back to lower placements. It's pretty special when a corps truly rises to powerhouse status. I'm still in watch-and-wait mode with my guys at Crown. I'm enjoying their current success, but whether it all amounts to the dynastic levels achieved in different eras by Cavs, BD, Cadets, SCV, PR, Madison, Star etc. very much remains to be seen.

That said, there is one all-time greatest sustained rivalry...and that is SCV vs. BD. SCV's been down the last decade, but the feelings are still there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these usually change every 3 years or so.

Its the ones that stand the test of time that are really interesting.

BD -SCV = since 1975

Cadets -Cavies = goes back to at least 1977

Back in the day .

Garfield , Bridgemen , Muchochoes , Saints , Falcons , Royal Brigade , all from the same area of

North Jersey. about a 50 mile radius.

I heard about an incident in Texas this year. The Cavalier rookies streaked nude through the Devil's food truck while they were eating, many with family. It's quite hard to respect a corps that has its rookies do that :worthy:

I think I would have found this extremely funny. We had 2 shows with that Cavies and BD in TX this past year, but I missed any events like this.

Boston and 27th Lancers.

nuff said

No truer words have ever been written. I was at a New London CT. show back in the 70's. It was an early one in the season and 27 had a great show but still had a lot of cleaning to do. BAC must have had a strong winter because they came out like it was August and topped 27 by about 4 points. Anyway, we're in the lot after the show, and out of force of habit I started whistling "Conquest". Ooops. There must have been a lot of 27 people around me because if looks could kill you wouldn't be reading this right now. :worthy:

I thought it meant Further the Crossmen... :worthy:

I believe the new one is FTMS

for Finely Tuned Musical Skills of course :santa:

i think honestly a good match up would be The Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment... seriously visual vs. music... to me thats a great match up