Yelling's affect on corps memebers

I always loved it when the someone in the crowd would shout name out. It always made me smile.

Sincerely,

Mike Hunt

That can't be your name. If it is, that's amazing. I've always had people ask me if I had a cousin, brother, uncle named Mike. . . I've always considering making my son's middle name Mike, but I don't think I have the balls to do it.

Anyway. . .

Lawrence, MA - 2007, right after the drum major salute in the silence before the show started, a couple of my friends from the ECJ days screamed "Brian Hunt is an American Bad***" at the top of their lungs. Everybody on the field heard it, and other members were coming up to me after the show and jokingly calling me an American Bad***. Pretty funny. Stolen from the BD 2000 and 2004 finals recordings, but I was entertained, and the nickname's kind of stuck. I guess there are worse things to be called.

But really, I hope your name is Mike Hunt. Because that would be amazing.

Edited by TSRTS13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hate it when a beautiful moment is ruined by rude crowd members. Such a shame...

What about rude banner-towing airplanes?

I dislike it when people yell "Go Meghan!" or some girls name right before Cavies or the Scouts.

otherwise, if it doesn't ruin a moment for the corps, I like it.

Edited by Brett

What about rude banner-towing airplanes?

Or fire trucks running their sirens from their fire house right near the stadium.........oops!

I not only love it, I thrive on it. It might be some kind of weakness but I just can't perform to my full potential if the crowd isn't rowdy as we take the field. Fortunately this has only happened to me in a lesser variation of the marching arts that I will not mention in the wrong forum. :worthy:

Edited by MetalTones2012

I'm one of those fans that yell for my favorite corps when they take the field. I'm just curious, does this tick the members off or pump them up? If it were me it would pump me up, and what are some of the funnier things you have heard people say such as the classic "Freebird!!!" during an encore performance.

Thanks and a merry christmas or happy holidays to all!

From personal experience I've usually been locked in before and during shows to the point that I prettymuch completely blocked the crowd out (if that doesn't come as a shock to those that know me nothing will). I'm all for it though, as long as it's not another "CRYSTAAAAAAL" type moment. Keep it for pre and post show. Personally any time I know someone that's marching I'll yell for them pre-show from the stands.

Haha, my buddy that sneezed. :cool:

That was great really made the retreat all the more fun hahaha

and in either 81 or 82 Phantom Regiment Spartacus, in the recording i have a older sounding guy about half way through the show begins to yell "It's There!! Do It!!" and if you listen closely you can almost hear him saying something to somebody about it being there ahhaha

I always feel bad for the Bluecoats, always getting booed, on AND off the field, rude people.

... Seriously?