Corps bashing?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched DCI, we bashed other corps. We wanted to win. But the "bashing" was really "trash talking". Nobody took their toys and went home, it was all in fun. It is too PC in drumcorps these days. This is my opinion, so "bash" away.

Kate

Ok so the last couple of weeks i have been on vacation from school, so iv been on DCP more than usual. I keep reading threads that are all about talking s.h.i.t about other corps, or starts out talking about a program and turns into talking s.h.i.t about people and corps. Why is it necessary to do this? Do people really have that much time on their hands to be on DCP every second of the day and do nothing but fight with people? I know that people will have different opinions about different topics, but d.a.m.n, its getting out of control! Get a life, go play some golf or something! Do DCP viewers not realize we are all apart of the Drum Corps Family?

So pretty much all i have to say is stop being idiots! get along! Play nice! Be F-ing adults for once!

Dude, it's a PUBLIC forum grow some skin and don't take it so personally. It's only DCP! (aka. "The Days of Our Lives")

If you're going to start a topic like this get ready for the "bashing" This forum is older than your experience in Drum Corps. Just leave it alone.

Edited by Sal Rosenburg

Can you give some examples, I am quite unshure of what you consider "Bashing " :worthy:

The only thing I can think of is reviews of shows or the DVD's, and I would much rather folks be honest with their opinions than put out some PC dribble :santa:

Be a F___ing adult for once? ( what school do you attend that promotes such ideas )

Ok so the last couple of weeks i have been on vacation from school, so iv been on DCP more than usual. I keep reading threads that are all about talking s.h.i.t about other corps, or starts out talking about a program and turns into talking s.h.i.t about people and corps. Why is it necessary to do this? Do people really have that much time on their hands to be on DCP every second of the day and do nothing but fight with people? I know that people will have different opinions about different topics, but d.a.m.n, its getting out of control! Get a life, go play some golf or something! Do DCP viewers not realize we are all apart of the Drum Corps Family?

So pretty much all i have to say is stop being idiots! get along! Play nice! Be F-ing adults for once!

1) Sounds like "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

2) Geez, you even found a way to circumvent the censuring feature here DCP.

3) Do you speak for yourself? or you Corps. If just for yourself you might want to remove your Corps logo and your affiliation with them in your signature as well. I don't think they will take kindly to you circumventing the censure feature with their logo and mention of you affiliation with them in your signature. But then if you DO speak for your Corps,....well maybe we should give "The Briggies" a call and find out if you've been appointed their new P.R. man.

1) Sounds like "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

2) Geez, you even found a way to circumvent the censuring feature here DCP.

3) Do you speak for yourself? or you Corps. If just for yourself you might want to remove your Corps logo and your affiliation with them in your signature as well. I don't think they will take kindly to you circumventing the censure feature with their logo and mention of you affiliation with them in your signature. But then if you DO speak for your Corps,....well maybe we should give "The Briggies" a call and find out if you've been appointed their new P.R. man.

I believe their old P.R. person was a woman named April Min. :santa: I'm sure she would have had a handle on this. Just goes to show what happens when you lose good people...

In response to NYSkyliner, I couldn't have said it any better myself. :worthy:

I've never been remotely offended by any comment on this board. The worst thing that has happened is that I was motivated to work harder to get better if someone said anything.

It really bothers me when people want everyone to hold hands and have everyone get along. I don't think anyone on this board holds any REAL anger towards anyone else on this board. I can only imagine the stuff that would've been on this forum if it were around during the 1970s or so.

Frankly, if the board contributes to the building of a rivalry between two corps, the activity will be better for it.

this has been going on forever. you should have been around in the 60's & 70's. what you see now is sissy stuff. we all wanted to win so we talked trash about everybody. if you don't like it go non competitive.

Chill out my friend. Apparently you've had a bad day, as we all do from time to time, and you have found a vehicle for venting some frustration. Your comments, thankfully, have been taken by YOUR Drum Corps' community in just that light. No harm......no foul.