Tiny, but interesting things you've seen.

back on topic...

i find it interesting how the tiny little phrase of "I am Spartacus," though mocked and considered blasphemy in the preseason, became one of the defining moments of the championships.

in the beginning of the season, they hadnt had all the emotional build up to it that came about towards the end of the season and it was just another show. i dont remember it being as intense of a show as it was when i saw it in san antonio as it was in normal. then i knew something was different about it.

in the beginning they had the live or die thing from the drum marjor that got a mixed response.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it interesting how the tiny little phrase of "I am Spartacus," though mocked and considered blasphemy in the preseason, became one of the defining moments of the championships.

For what it's worth I still thought it was cheesy as hell.

anyway, im watching BD 08, and when they the bari euphs lay out that groove and the trumpets move on the lines and act as if they are balancing on a tight rope.... 2 trumpets fix the pole on the 30 yard line, if you look for it.

That's pretty awesome awareness regardless, and kind of funny that they could probably play that off.

Probably not small to a drummer, but I think it was Phantom (or Bluecoats) this summer (I saw it on the DVDs) where the snare line appears to "lick" their sticks...

'06 regiment, a snare player misses a direction change near the end and almost creates disaster...

03 Phantom. during the announcement of the corps...a horn is late coming to attention...this is the first mistake i had ever seen when watching drum corps and thus caused me to be dumbfounded