Best and Worst Uniforms (2008)

And although it's kindof subtle, the move to white shoes is also a move back to the corps' past... in the '60s and '70s as a world class corps, the members wore white shoes with the dark uniforms to emphasize their clean feet in the drill.

We also wore the white bucks in the 90's. The corps did the dark shoe change in 79 and sometime in the 2000's.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt Jersey Surf wear polyester surfing outfits as its corps uniform one year? Given how some colorguards are wearing less and less, I think a corps should just come out in olympic swimsuits:-P

:tongue:

If you had any idea what my original post said,

you'd know that the only way to interpret his post intelligently was that he was insinuating that Carolina had never worn purple and that no one identifies them with purple.

His statement was, "That's funny, because their last uniforms (with such a minute tinge of that purple you think that people associate Crown with) were the same exact shade of cream."

There is nothing in there that insinuates that he thinks they have NEVER worn purple before. Where you got that one from, I have no idea. And while I agree with you that when many people think of Crown, they think of the color purple, many now also think of the creme color. Deny it if you wish, but it's true. I personally happen to agree with you about Crown's current uniforms and colors. Don't like creme, never have.

If he was aware of the fact that they had worn purple, then his post was just one big logical fallacy (it could be interpreted as a straw man, a red herring and a non sequitur, specifically). If not, (which is more likely) it was ignorant, as it implied he thought Carolina had always worn cream.

You insinuate a lot. Why don't you just ask the dude what he meant instead of simply going on the offensive trying to read between the lines of ONE SENTENCE. You seem to think there is only one way to interpret that. Well, I interpreted it differently than you, so obviously, there is more than one way to interpret it. And really....does any of this even matter? Have a drink and have a happy new year!! :smile:

Recent history? Well, I guess the memory is the first thing to go. That, or you just never really paid much attention to the Crossmen since 2004 because the basic look and design of the uniform has not changed much at all in the past five years...except the red is now white.

045108b48a.jpgf03a57d9dc.jpg

That white cross on the chest looks like a square from the stands.....really bugged me. Obviously needs a little more definition.

Here is some insight on the Blue Stars mid Season Dark Shoe change in 79 as I remember it. It was partly a result of a certain corps from Atlanta that came out of nowhere. Although we still had sweet feet, we had to make concessions to accommodate evolving marching styles which left traditional techniques vulnerable with the 'tick' system at that time. Although our finals placement in 79 does not show it, we did experience a surge in our scores and placement shortly after the change.

Members were left to purchase these shoes on their own. I remember many members, including myself, who did not have the cash to purchase them while on tour. The only alternative we had available to us at that time was to spray paint our practice tennis shoes black. Ah....good times. :)

If you REALY want to see some sweet feet, checkout Blue Stars during their DIV II/III championship title years while wearing white bucks. There was some VERY SWEET feet during those years!!!!

We also wore the white bucks in the 90's. The corps did the dark shoe change in 79 and sometime in the 2000's.
Edited by ContraJohn

Carolina Crown had my number one favorite show this year. But, if there was one thing about Finis that I did not like, it had to be the guard uniforms. They were not good looking at all.

I also did not like Blue Devil's cape things. It's a cool concept, but when actually applied to performance, I thought of them distracting and unpractical.

And SCV's uniform change did not do it for me. I liked the uniform more with the full red jackets rather than the "half red half black" jacket look.

Edited by JDWEX1117

If were goin to talk to crown uniform history.....Purple was not even originally a corps color.....There uniforms their first year were actually white waiters outfits.......And then the corps moved to teal and red.....If you look at 1995 "stormworks" show there was no purple in the uniforms, white and silver......The corps didnt really adopt the purple look till the late 90s.....Then with the shift in staff and design team in 2003, the cream team was born